Zimbabwe vs Ireland one day and 20/20 series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland one day and 20/20 series

Post by secretzimbo »

Black players including Gwandu and Mufudza can feel way harder done to than any of the white players you listed so don’t bring race into it Sam.

It’s just poor selection, black and white.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

The claim from the board has been that Houghton has (had?) 100% control over all selections up until the qualifiers in Namibia. I’m not sure if it’s changed.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:18 pm
Terrible squad. Burl the only white player selected. No faith shown in Bennett or Welch (unless there are disciplinary issues). No Jonathan Campbell either. Akram's selection is baffling too.

Zimbabwe appear well set to have some very depressing results ahead.
Mufudza smiling :P. And please don't drag everything about white or black just consider talents.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Terrible squad. Burl the only white player selected. No faith shown in Bennett or Welch (unless there are disciplinary issues). No Jonathan Campbell either. Akram's selection is baffling too.

Totally agree , they are just going around in circles with some of these players. It is indeed a terrible squad , set up for failure once again

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

We all know this squad would have changed by Friday anyway. Akram for me is the one who doesn't deserve to be there. At least Mumba can actually clear the ropes. Don't know what they expect him to add. Gwandu is a better pick in this format.

Welch is probably a combination of factors. We don't really know. Bennett is still young and learning. He didn't look 100% comfortable out there. I'm happy they gave him a chance in the first place.

Kaitano was 4th on the runs list for the pro50. He can handle pace and he did ok in Sri Lanka last time we were there so that makes sense to me.

Mufudza deserved a chance. I don't know about Campbell to be honest. A lot of people don't think he is good enough so that will always work against him. I'm sure 1 day he will get a chance.

I'm happy Wes and Maru got dropped.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Huge opportunity for Madande to bat higher up and accumulate some runs

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

I'm happy with wes and maru being dropped in all honesty. Nice to see tony and milton being rewarded for their performances. I'm ok with the kaitano selection as well. Don't think faraz is worth it and mufudza probably should've been in but I like wellington.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Nice to see Kaitano in the squad. I guess he opens with Gumbie or Kaia.
Shumba deserves another look in after his pro50 exploits.
Chivanga will always be entertaining.
Wellington?????

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Donald wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:17 pm
Nice to see Kaitano in the squad. I guess he opens with Gumbie or Kaia.
Shumba deserves another look in after his pro50 exploits.
Chivanga will always be entertaining.
Wellington?????
I think without Wellington will always make the squad when Williams is out. You need a left arm option. Unless Shumba becomes that option.

It's also important to note in the press release that they said Williams, Ervine and Evans are injured whilst Chatara, Wes and Maru have been overlooked. Says a lot

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:

Why the comment about race? Not needed at all. Shumba and Munyonga scored more runs than Campbell in the Pro50 series.