20 Man Under 19 Squad for South Africa Tour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 20 Man Under 19 Squad for South Africa Tour

Post by Crastle_cog »

You guys are wrong. That's the testosterone acheived from treating women as subordinate beings hey :lol:

pillowprocter

Post by pillowprocter »

Googly wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:22 am
Usually you can look up one of their players and it will show he's played a few first class games by the age of 9 and still there's nobody querying it. This epigenetic testing looks promising.
Well nothing like that really in this batch it seems. One of them played at 15 and the rest either haven't debuted yet or debuted this year

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yeah the fact that very few have had fc experience has the distinct waft of bullshit.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

If they flop this time and lose to Namibia surely Prosper has to go? This is also why I'm against us keeping everything as it is after what happened. What you do is you create a culture where everybody in the organisation won't want to leave because surely they wouldn't have done worse than lose 2 qualifiers in a row.

Got a feeling they just want find replacements quietly and wield the axe at the right time. Probably after Sri Lanka and the U19 World Cup

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

On paper it will be very hard to beat that Namibia squad

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:58 am
If they flop this time and lose to Namibia surely Prosper has to go? This is also why I'm against us keeping everything as it is after what happened. What you do is you create a culture where everybody in the organisation won't want to leave because surely they wouldn't have done worse than lose 2 qualifiers in a row.

Got a feeling they just want find replacements quietly and wield the axe at the right time. Probably after Sri Lanka and the U19 World Cup
They can wield the axe again if they like, and as many times as they like. But ultimately the one constant since the 2015 WC has been Mukuhlani.

Sure it hasn’t been all bad under his rule, he’s sorted out the financial mess apparently, put up the lights at HSC and we are starting to see some better youth players emerge (slowly).

But ultimately he’s overseen the failures and sackings of Whatmore, Streak, Rajput & now Dave if he gets the punt too. I see he’s just been re-elected so I guess we won’t see any change for a while.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I think the problem with targeting TM is that he is a politician through and through. He understands that world. He didn't even have a challenger this time. They removed Manase with tactical precision. He has entrenched himself deep within the ICC system. It will take a massive effort. That's why people aren't even bothering to challenge. The president's son in-law failed to remove him.

I was hoping he would have gotten the ICC job because that may be the only way he leaves as things stand. I'm sure he will try again. He pulled out because he knew he didn't have enough votes but I'm sure he will try again.

You are right that in the end if its a systematic failure he is ultimately responsible. Its just that there is no clear way to achieve that