Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 1st T20I | 7 November 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 1st T20I | 7 November 2023

Post by jaybro »

A year ago I was calling for Kamunhukamwe to get an extended run in the side for the last Irish t20 side. I didn’t have many supporters, funny times have changed I see lots of people calling for him to be picked.

Zim seem to be the only country on the world that cannot find anyone who can consistently score runs at the top of the order. I recognise that Little is a good bowler, but Zimbabwe makes him look like Mitchell Starc.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

We cannot live with so much dependency on Raza. He is 37 and even if he is planning to target 2027, it is high time that others step up.

I understand Williams is still there but what is needed is for the younger boys to come through.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Anyone else notice how Ed Rainsford managed to sneak back into commentating a Zim match at home. I had long suspected they had bad blood after he turned down that board post during those suspension days. Then from there I think he would only be commentating on away games or ICC events when it came to Zim games. I can't be the only one who noticed this.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Also what pissed Raza off ? I have never seen him like that before

Googly

Post by Googly »

Some serious ill feeling between these sides

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:49 am
Some serious ill feeling between these sides
Ireland always have been nasty towards zimbabwe from porterfield's days . Probably cause they thought they are better and should be the actual test side and getting more funds. It has passed on to next generation. I don't mind it . Every team has a rival team ind-pak, sri-ban,aus-eng,afgh-pak
Time we too got one

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Ireland's plan was probably to do what Bangladesh and Afghanistan did. Use us to improve and overtake us. At the moment I would say we are the same in terms of quality. Thats whats really frustrated them.

I can't believe we haven't played a single test match yet. Chivanga would be the first name on the list for me because it will get really heated. We need the drama

Googly

Post by Googly »

They're better than us, don't be fooled. They collapsed yesterday. Raza is the only guy standing between us and losing. They've got some sharp players.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

I would disagree, even if they're better it's very less in between. I feel we edge Ireland and this series will show it. Yes we've had hiccups against the likes of namibia, scotland and uganda but that's more to namibia, scotland closing the gap in the last few years. Uganda match was just one of those days, they're uae oman levels at best.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Crastle_cog wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:27 am
I would disagree, even if they're better it's very less in between. I feel we edge Ireland and this series will show it. Yes we've had hiccups against the likes of namibia, scotland and uganda but that's more to namibia, scotland closing the gap in the last few years. Uganda match was just one of those days, they're uae oman levels at best.
Unpopular opinion but I think Namibia is better than both ireland and zimbabwe in t20s. We will see it in next T20 worldcup