Zimbabwean Fast Bowlers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
BostonZimbo
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Zimbabwean Fast Bowlers

Post by BostonZimbo »

I have seen a lot of discussion on this forum recently about the fast-bowling stocks that Zimbabwe currently has at its disposal so I thought I should start a thread to discuss them.

As sad as this is to admit I can understand why Chatara keeps on getting picked, apart from this most recent series, because he is unfortunately probably our 4th best bowler and has been a decent bowler throughout his career, although these last few years have not been kind to him.

So that leads me to ask. Outside of Ngarava, Muzarabani, and Evans (who seems to have a bit of an injury problem) who else do we have in the domestic system who is showing something?

Chatara and Jongwe, in my mind, are a bit unfit and past their best

I want to give Gwandu time as this was only his first game but nothing that I have seen of him so far in both domestic and international scream he is going to be our 4th best bowler. I do want to stress that he should be given time and I honestly hope to be proven wrong because we really need another fast bowler.

Chivanga is a bit of a forum favourite and while he has been given a chance at the international level he does always seem to do well domestically so I feel like it couldn't hurt to give him another shot especially since now is the perfect time to experiment as we have nothing serious until the next t20 world cup qualifiers.

I liked Mgcini Dube and Alex Falao at the most recent U19 World Cup and they have both shown potential in the domestic circuit so far, but of course, they haven't been incredibly impressive and are nowhere near ready to play internationally.

Finally is there anyone coming through who looks good, maybe some of the people on the ground in Zim can comment on this, or are we kind of fucked when it comes to our fast bowling?

Donald

Re: Zimbabwean Fast Bowlers

Post by Donald »

Gwandu has already done better than Chatara. 0-38 against Ireland is a whole lot better than chataras 0-44 against Uganda 😆😆
Joking aside we need to give these new boys time and stop recycling the same 120 trundlers.

BostonZimbo
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by BostonZimbo »

Donald wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:46 pm
Gwandu has already done better than Chatara. 0-38 against Ireland is a whole lot better than chataras 0-44 against Uganda 😆😆
Joking aside we need to give these new boys time and stop recycling the same 120 trundlers.
Completely agree with you mate just wondering who else might be coming through

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Gwandu has a bit of pace and is tall so will get bounce. Deffo worth sticking with and not rush too judgement after 3 overs in a T20.

Where is Nyauchi?