Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 2nd T20I | 9 November 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 2nd T20I | 9 November 2023

Post by sam_ahm »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:44 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:25 pm
Muscle mass does matter. I'd love to see a slightly well built Zimbabwean cricketers, esp the batters. The likes of Marumani, Madhevere, Bennett, Shumba, Madande need to build some muscles. That's one reason I prefer Kaia and K-long.. At least they are well built and can hit the ball hard. It matters.
Is burl all muscle? Seems a stocky fella and can whack it miles.
Burl is bulky, he is not skinny by any means. See I don't mean to say that Skinny people can't hit bog, it's all about timing, but what I'm saying is that it matters to some extent. The moment you looked at Mathew Hayden, you knew this guy will smash it. There is also a lot of self confidence associated with having a good body. I would certainly want them to work on their body. At least don't be skinny. Raza is athletic and maintains good fitness levels, they need to target such fitness.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Madande should make the team even if he isn't keeping.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Looks like we will get a sight of what the ‘post big 3’ era will look like in tomorrow’s decider if Williams is out.

Like most on the forum, I’m a big fan of Madande (the batsman) and I think tomorrow would be the perfect chance to see him go up the order.

Maru, Wes & Bennett have all struggled this series, but with Williams likely out, Munyonga will get his chance anyways. I’d be tempted to play Mumba instead of Gwandu, adds more batting & Gwandu despite showing some signs of potential has also really struggled this series.

The other option would be to play the wildcard Mavuta, it might be a gamble worth taking in this match and Jongwe showed he can be relied on for bowling. It’s still a mystery to me why Jongwe got moved to the peripheral of the team, especially in t20s.

Unless Williams or Ervine make miraculous recoveries, Burl will also get a chance to captain the side for the first time.

My XI

Marumani
Kamunhukamwe
Madande w/k
Madhevere
Burl c
Munyonga
Bennett
Jongwe
Mavuta
Ngarava
Blessing
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Got to play Mavuta, especially with Raz Dawg and likely Williams out. There’s 8 overs of spin gone straight away. Mavuta in for Trevor would be my choice.

Munyonga in for Williams.

I’d try and hide Marumani down the order if possible.

Captain? What the heck, Jongwe can be it for the day.

What’s ervine’s deal? He injured again? If he’s fit I’d have him in the side instead of Marumani, that kid had potential but has become a liability.