Logan Cup 13th-16th Dec | Eagles vs Rhinos | Rocks vs Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup 13th-16th Dec | Eagles vs Rhinos | Rocks vs Tuskers

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:03 pm
The franchise guys definitely only get paid for 6 months still. 600 was the amount for quite a while but my understanding is that it has risen for the past two years , so should be more than what Roy is claiming.

Additionally former capped players (like Roy) are supposed to get an extra amount too.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was nationally contracted. He’s part of the in-crowd of boys. Chamu still has a national contract….
No way he has a national contract?
He’s only played 3 tests and a few ODIs and not since 2021 (which is actually 1 year closer than what he said in the article).

I’d say he’s on 600 a month plus match fees. I think he’s annoyed at the notion of paying for a maid. Seems excessive
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Well Chamu is still contracted so why not Roy? It’s shady business mate, we have no idea what goes on really.

Open secret that certain ‘favourites’ like Shingi Masakadza and others gets paid a significant amount more than anyone else playing franchise cricket, for example.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:02 pm
It’s shady business mate
Nail on head :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

How are they STILL not playing at Takashinga? Unacceptable.

Meanwhile Tuskers capitulating to the Pakistani pacer.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I don't know how much true it is but according to a latest report, Zimbabwe cricket sit a decent 7th on the list of World's richest cricket boards, ahead of Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Afghanistan and Ireland.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:05 pm
I don't know how much true it is but according to a latest report, Zimbabwe cricket sit a decent 7th on the list of World's richest cricket boards, ahead of Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Afghanistan and Ireland.
Complete bullshit.

The 4 you mention all have significant other income streams - NZ, SL and Ire all have significant government funding as well as high value sponsorship and corporate. Not to mention more funding from the ICC to begin with.

ZC have one income source and its the ICC. 0 from the government. Very very few low-value sponsorships. Almost nothing from ticket sales and almost nothing from TV broadcast rights.

Not sure what Afghanistan's situation is but we are significantly poorer than the other three you mention.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Also as we've said before ZC have to fund EVERYTHING here. In Ireland for example there is a very strong, historic club structure which almost entirely funds itself, as do schools. I would guess it's the same in NZ for example.

Here, ZC have to fund everything at every level because nobody else puts anything in.

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:25 pm
How are they STILL not playing at Takashinga? Unacceptable.

It's because the Eagles players are so shit scared of facing Muhammad Adil they've made the wicket unplayable :o

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:12 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:05 pm
Complete bullshit.

The 4 you mention all have significant other income streams - NZ, SL and Ire all have significant government funding as well as high value sponsorship and corporate. Not to mention more funding from the ICC to begin with.

ZC have one income source and its the ICC. 0 from the government. Very very few low-value sponsorships. Almost nothing from ticket sales and almost nothing from TV broadcast rights.

Not sure what Afghanistan's situation is but we are significantly poorer than the other three you mention.
Ya I would have thought so that Zimbabwe can't be 7th. Surely not ahead of the likes of NZC and SLCB. Ireland and Afghanistan I would have still believed but as you said Ireland are probably doing good because of Govt funding and all.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Tuskers all out for 71 with 9 of the wickets to the overseas guys :oops: