U19 World Cup | South Africa | Jan-Feb 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: U19 World Cup | South Africa | Jan-Feb 2024

Post by Googly »

They just keep their heads below the parapet and keep printing cash. In SA they can't flex at all or a Malema will liberate what they have.
They take a long term view of things I guess, they can afford to.

That youngster was silly to make a statement, South Africans are a volatile lot.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:40 pm
Ya I'll take a friendly bet with you. I think this is the weakest side we've had. Had decent prep though.
Can't be the weakest side googly. The earlier sides haven't really done well anyways and I can see that the current lot is competing well. I don't know individually about these players but I'm surely hopeful of a better show.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:14 am
Googly wrote:
Ya I'll take a friendly bet with you. I think this is the weakest side we've had. Had decent prep though.
Can't be the weakest side googly. The earlier sides haven't really done well anyways and I can see that the current lot is competing well. I don't know individually about these players but I'm surely hopeful of a better show.
I think the difference this time is they have had a lot more preparation. Let’s see if they make it count

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:14 am
Googly wrote:
There are a few really good individuals in this squad but there are a lot of filler/passengers. As a whole package the squad is less talented than 2022 and most of the squads before. Unfortunately the next batch coming through after this looks even weaker.

Like we say though they’ve actually had some good prep so they might do okay. We need the 3-4 really good players to perform on the day and cover up the weaker guys.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:09 pm
finances are pretty much controlled by the Jews. They fly under the radar, but they are the money in SA.
Oh what a surprise there.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Shaun Dzakatira injured and will take no part in the U19 World Cup, he has been replaced by Ryan Simbi.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Since SA announced their support of Hamas and took Israel to the ICC R1.4 trillion rand has been withdrawn from SA.
That's enough to put a massive dent in their already bankrupt economy.
195 countries on the planet and SA choose to be the ones to make a statement. I guess since they themselves kill Zimbabweans and continue to practice apartheid they feel they're well placed.

Malema's crew will as a fact hire a crowd to disrupt this WC at some point.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:29 am
Since SA announced their support of Hamas and took Israel to the ICC R1.4 trillion rand has been withdrawn from SA.
That's enough to put a massive dent in their already bankrupt economy.
195 countries on the planet and SA choose to be the ones to make a statement. I guess since they themselves kill Zimbabweans and continue to practice apartheid they feel they're well placed.

Malema's crew will as a fact hire a crowd to disrupt this WC at some point.
Really? Source?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see there's a woman umpiring the Pakistan NZ T20.

Googly

Post by Googly »

An announcement made by Magnus Heysteck, he's an economist and investment guru.