U19 World Cup | South Africa | Jan-Feb 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: U19 World Cup | South Africa | Jan-Feb 2024

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:53 pm
Back to back depressing days for me, I like Alcaraz and he lost yesterday at the Aussie open and now this! 😂

I don't think this team can beat Namibia. If they do then we should be happy because that's all that we can expect here.
As several of us said beforehand, the only expectation is to beat Namibia. This group had little chance of beating Australia or Sri Lanka, it was obvious.
There’s a few good players in this squad but the fact is our u19’s are currently getting weaker with every batch. The downward trajectory continues.

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

i‘m beginning to think this Konstas guy does not like Zimbabwe that much
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Patel played well. Missed a half volley there.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm very close to giving up on cricket altogether.

Where is the fun? It's the same old India, Eng, Aus that keep getting stronger and others are just making up the numbers.

Some flashes here and there from South Africa and New Zealand.

The FTP is totally crap. The big three play each other non stop in a loop, lower ranked nations barely get any good games.

WTC is messed up with every team playing different number of games. No promotion or relegation, and literally no tests in general for Zim, Ire and Afg barring 1-2 low profile ones each year.

There is nothing really that would attract me to cricket. Not the game I loved.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yeah it's a very bleak future, certainly for Zim. 20 years of theft, discrimination and mismanagement.
It's too broken for 10 Pichanicks to fix

Donald

Post by Donald »

Gotta beat the associate side now. Not easy.

Why are they constantly messing around with the top order. I'm not saying they would have won today but it doesn't help. Was kamwembwa and Taravinga in the warm up matches but they have constantly chopped and changed.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It's a big problem. If you're one of the guys constantly unsure of your spot in the side and the line-up it doesn't help the mental state.
This is a big game for us against Namibia.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

Gosh this is saddening

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:23 am
Ya thats about right. Its a vast empty land with no water and very few people. Absolutely beautiful place. Windhoek is First World.
Most of the major Namibian towns outside of Windhoek look nice also, Swakopmund for example where whites are in fact the majority. I do see Swakopmund has a cricket club that plays in a coastal league so something must exist there.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:37 pm
I'm very close to giving up on cricket altogether.

Where is the fun? It's the same old India, Eng, Aus that keep getting stronger and others are just making up the numbers.

Some flashes here and there from South Africa and New Zealand.

The FTP is totally crap. The big three play each other non stop in a loop, lower ranked nations barely get any good games.

WTC is messed up with every team playing different number of games. No promotion or relegation, and literally no tests in general for Zim, Ire and Afg barring 1-2 low profile ones each year.

There is nothing really that would attract me to cricket. Not the game I loved.
The six major nations outside of the big three are actually playing more tests now that they were 10 years ago, the problem is that none of them can beat the big three at home or away anymore. South Africa was the last non-big three to regularly taste success against the big three and even they have fallen away. Does anyone ever see Pakistan, Sri Lanka, or West Indies ever winning a series in India, Australia, or England again?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes