Names of the Zimbabwe Cricket Board

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Names of the Zimbabwe Cricket Board

Post by Pat_Bee »

Like fishing for bream in lake kariba broskis :lol:

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:49 pm
The 2022-23 annual report including the audited accounts were available on the website recently but I've just checked and they appear to have removed it.
If it is public information and somone has an older annual report to upload, it would be an interesting strat (at least for an ousider like me) to understand how money is spent in ZC.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

The one from 2021-22 is still on the website to view

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Those kinds of figures will just be made up anyway yo :lol: creative accountancy.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Apparently audited by PwC!

jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jontym87 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:36 am
Blessing Ngondo is a former player.

John Makuwalo owns Gweru Sports Club and has been involved in Midlands/MidWest for a long time.

Godfrey Kaswa has been a low-level coach in high density areas going back to the 90's.

Lloyd Mishi - no idea who he is

Godfrey Nyadongo - no idea

Ronald Chibwe - no idea

Godwin Dube - Bulawayo admin, think he might have played a bit.

Tafadzwa Madoro - no idea

Arthur Maposa - no idea

Maaureen Kuchocha - token female on the board for quite a few years

Sylvester Matshaka - Ancient government official who has been on the board in some capacity for about twenty years. Often seen very drunk and behaving inappropriately at events.

Tavengwa Mukuhlani - The less said the better.

A few corrections here:

John Makuwalo (Previously known as John Grey) Does not own Gweru Sports Club. He is a passionate cricket fan from Chitungwiza. He played schools cricket and a bit of club. He was influential in the formation and running of the first Chitungwiza based cricket club Northwinds which gave to birth to Uprising then CCC (Chitungwiza Cricket Club) then Royal then Gladiators. He has been around since early 2000's like from 2000 if not mistaken. He is a top connection of Majid (The Ihsan Sports guy) they go a long way.

Lloyd Mhishi A lawyer, Senior Partner at Mhishi Nkomo Legal Practice and sits on several boards of other listed companies. He has also been previously appointed to the ICC Code of Conduct Commission responsible, inter alia, for the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel; the ICC Anti-Discrimination Code for Players and Player Support Personnel; the ICC Player Eligibility Regulations and the ICC Appeals Panel.

Tafadzwa Madoro Rape accused individual who is a runner for Givemore Makoni. Started as a groundsmen at Takashinga, then here and there managed one or two games for Northen (2005-7). In 2009 in a shock move he was appointed Southern Rocks team manager. This is when rape accusations surfaced against him. Monty the former Southern Rocks coach was ready to testify against him. Then as usual people say money exchanged hands and the case folded. He spent a few nights in police custody though and Monty was shocked why they released him. Guess who was the Rocks CEO at the time? Your guess is as good as mine. Up to this day Monty cries and says justice was never served and the girl deserves justice.

Ronald Chibwe A banker works at FBC

Blessing Ngondo another Takashinga stalwart played 6 FC games in the mid 90s for Mashonaland U24's as a batter scoring 54 runs in total with a highest score of 23. This one i could go on and on about scandals that rocked Mashonaland Cricket Association in early 2000's.

Anyways I'm just passing through to say hello hello on my way to Zimbabwe to 'replace' masakadza as DC starting 1 January hahahahah :D :D :D :D :D :D
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Makuwalo may not be the owner of Gweru but as far as I know he is the top dog? President or chair or whatever. He’s done some pretty good things there tbf. One of the few clubs that has survived and actually improved in recent years.
Midland Cricket chair as well, I think.

I knew Madoro’s name rang a bell from somewhere. Eesh.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

What are you drinking when they sack Masakadza?

Big celebration for you. At last!

Googly

Post by Googly »

I need recommendations as to what to wash a rat down with. I'm marked as safe.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

The old black label and 2 broncos won’t make it seem so bad yo.