Houghton Resigns (Confirmed by ZC)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Houghton Resigns (Confirmed by ZC)

Post by Pat_Bee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:52 pm
They are also playing some North Vs South List A’s between Christmas and new year.

Amazingly, they are happening at Queen’s apparently :lol:
Yes :lol: Queens is the place to be bro for the discerning cricket fan.

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:14 pm
End of an era anyway. We've had a horrid 2023 but 2022 was fantastic and he gave us some of the best moments we've had in decades. Beating Bangladesh, beating Pakistan, beating Australia in Australia, qualifying for the T20WC and then getting into the second round. Can't forget those great moments and the feel-good factor he and his team brought.
Absolutely true.

On the other hand, the last two qualifiers showed that Zimbabwe is a squad that chokes in decisive moments.
A coach must have leadership and make a team not to underperform.
Scotland, Namibia and eventually Uganda were not superior to the Zim 11. It's been the Zimbabweans which underperformed, and a coach is not escusable in such case.

Finally I'm sorry for him. In 2022 he has shown to be able to build up. I hope he may remain close to ZC, although with another role.

aydee

Post by aydee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:52 pm
They are also playing some North Vs South List A’s between Christmas and new year.

Amazingly, they are happening at Queen’s apparently :lol:
This is good! I thought those games had been quietly shelved...

Need ALL the top players to play and fight for their spots. Guessing the touring party will be names immediately after these games then.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

What's the feeling on Chawaguta? I mean he's been working his way up over the years. He's an arse licker like them all but he's fairly knowledgeable and level-headed as far as I've heard over the years.

However, am I right in thinking he had beef with Williams at some point, years ago? Or am I getting this mixed up. Please jog my memory folks....

Googly

Post by Googly »

A very average cricket career. Politically very astute, won't stick his neck out one inch. I don't know whether he has a University of Zimbabwe Level 3 or 4 or an actual one.
That's a bit of paper though, he's experienced and has knowledge.
How do you advise someone like Williams or Ervine or Raza unless you're a Houghton or a Flower?

I'm hearing DH is taking this tour, maybe WG will shadow him?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I can tell a few stories, but I won't.
Nobody has a clean slate here.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What is apparent is that DH did not in fact have much say over selection, despite statements to the contrary by the mouthpiece.
I'm not sure Mutendira has either. He'd select a banana if he was told to. So who's pulling the strings?
Maybe Lord M can enlighten us.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

I’m pulling the strings yo. That’s how I can post what I want, where I want and never get any comeuppance :lol: mukulhani is my puppet.

I honestly thought Larry would come good, hold my hands up there. I had nothing to do with Wellington at six though, that was all Dave and Raz Dawg after they’d been chilling with Wez and blazing Mavuta.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If ZC finally make an official statement about WC being rhe intermin coach and then in fact DH continues it would indicate chaotic management.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

It would also be standard ZC :lol:

Chawaguta is the interim man until Brent wins the women’s world cup then he’ll be appointed.