Regional Trials

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Re: Regional Trials

Post by Mueddie28 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:35 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:27 am
It's all about strategy. You need a plan. Playing Kaia, K-Long and Gumbie would be a way of protecting our best batsmen early on so that they deal with the spinners in the middle overs. Playing Craig at 3 is high risk because K-Long will only play 1 way. Unfortunately Madande misses out purely for strategic reasons in that scenario. It's not a bad idea to be honest. We need to have 3 or 4 strategies because we will be playing a much stronger team. Hasaranga is back.
Yup, This is my thinking! Play all three up top and there is a decent chance one of them will come off. Protects the middle order and hopefully doesn’t leave way too much sitting on their (especially Raza’s) shoulders.
It’s very harsh on Madande. There’s a definitely an argument for him to take Burl’s place but in SL I think having a leg spin option would be valuable.

Horse for courses and all that.

Madande will have a massive future for us either way.
Is it not this Madande and wes who were scared to bat the Dave put welly ahead of them..

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

furatira benzi

I wonder when the squad will be announced surely they will be travelling tomorrow? Game 1 is less than a week away.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:16 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:35 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:27 am
It's all about strategy. You need a plan. Playing Kaia, K-Long and Gumbie would be a way of protecting our best batsmen early on so that they deal with the spinners in the middle overs. Playing Craig at 3 is high risk because K-Long will only play 1 way. Unfortunately Madande misses out purely for strategic reasons in that scenario. It's not a bad idea to be honest. We need to have 3 or 4 strategies because we will be playing a much stronger team. Hasaranga is back.
Yup, This is my thinking! Play all three up top and there is a decent chance one of them will come off. Protects the middle order and hopefully doesn’t leave way too much sitting on their (especially Raza’s) shoulders.
It’s very harsh on Madande. There’s a definitely an argument for him to take Burl’s place but in SL I think having a leg spin option would be valuable.

Horse for courses and all that.

Madande will have a massive future for us either way.
Is it not this Madande and wes who were scared to bat the Dave put welly ahead of them..
🤣🤣🤣