Regional Trials

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Regional Trials

Post by secretzimbo »

Your posts are so outright rude and disrespectful to some decent solid pros and good guys. A lot read the forum from time to time.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kaia is an opener and Madande bats at 7 ffs.

It’s like comparing Sadza and steak.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It's all about strategy. You need a plan. Playing Kaia, K-Long and Gumbie would be a way of protecting our best batsmen early on so that they deal with the spinners in the middle overs. Playing Craig at 3 is high risk because K-Long will only play 1 way. Unfortunately Madande misses out purely for strategic reasons in that scenario. It's not a bad idea to be honest. We need to have 3 or 4 strategies because we will be playing a much stronger team. Hasaranga is back.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

We are not playing Ireland or the Netherlands where its an even contest. When we won the series there Heath Streak had a plan and it worked. We were playing 8 batsmen

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:25 am
Kaia is an opener and Madande bats at 7 ffs.

It’s like comparing Sadza and steak.
I would bat Ervine at 3 and Madande at 4 or 5 . I don't mind Kaia but Madande is better imo

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:27 am
It's all about strategy. You need a plan. Playing Kaia, K-Long and Gumbie would be a way of protecting our best batsmen early on so that they deal with the spinners in the middle overs. Playing Craig at 3 is high risk because K-Long will only play 1 way. Unfortunately Madande misses out purely for strategic reasons in that scenario. It's not a bad idea to be honest. We need to have 3 or 4 strategies because we will be playing a much stronger team. Hasaranga is back.
Yup, This is my thinking! Play all three up top and there is a decent chance one of them will come off. Protects the middle order and hopefully doesn’t leave way too much sitting on their (especially Raza’s) shoulders.
It’s very harsh on Madande. There’s a definitely an argument for him to take Burl’s place but in SL I think having a leg spin option would be valuable.

Horse for courses and all that.

Madande will have a massive future for us either way.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:24 am
Your posts are so outright rude and disrespectful to some decent solid pros and good guys. A lot read the forum from time to time.
Really ? Just saying it how it is

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:31 am
Ya, quite possibly. Googly may know the full story!
I just know he was on Larry's list but not on the list sent out to the players and apparently a couple of guys were asking where he was. If they'd wanted him that badly they could have called him in time for the second game. I think he has to make more runs in domestic first, he's not really on their radar, can't even get into the Eagles starting line up.

The guys going to to Sri Lanka are going to become even more damaged than they are. Complete lack of prep.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Both Welchs not to Sri Lanka will be the best thing for their careers. Bennett too but I imagine he will be selected.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

Googly wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:38 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:31 am
Ya, quite possibly. Googly may know the full story!
I just know he was on Larry's list but not on the list sent out to the players and apparently a couple of guys were asking where he was. If they'd wanted him that badly they could have called him in time for the second game. I think he has to make more runs in domestic first, he's not really on their radar, can't even get into the Eagles starting line up.

The guys going to to Sri Lanka are going to become even more damaged than they are. Complete lack of prep.
He should be playing today at the very least