Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka. 2nd ODI. 8th Jan 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka. 2nd ODI. 8th Jan 2024

Post by Googly »

We're dealing with 2 people here, Shitcan and Chetan.

chetanpatel1981

Post by chetanpatel1981 »

Ok guys..

If you don't want....will not post again and will not come to this forum.

We are just saying the fact...

Anyways....bye all friends

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I know you are all saying Shumba did well, but to me a SR of 57 in an ODI is not great in the context. I'm not asking for him to hit fours and sixes, but just to rotate the strike. Keep taking the ones and twos. I also see comments like, "he hit a good shot, but it went to a fielder". Yes, that can happen, but when it happens regularly it means the batsman is not working the ball into the gaps.

That middle period is great to keep the rate ticking over and just build the structure for a late push. I hope he will learn from this and improve because this is his first innings of note considering he has had so many opportunities.

The scorecard says we challenged, which is good, but I think again, the weak point is our batting. Too much reliance on just 2 or 3 guys to score all the runs.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:39 pm
Googly wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:34 pm
Well it will be interesting if and when Brad E returns.
Plus the perennial ZC favorite Luke.
Youd have to think Evans, if he prepares well and is playing well is the better player, but one shit game and they'll swap him out.

I don't understand Ngarava bowling round the wicket. Also his pace dropped off a lot, but for sure he's a match winner for us.
Well if Akram is near enough he will get it, since his selection means $$$ for ZC.
Brad should get it due ti bowling skill but why has he been injured so long? Feels like 12 months.

Like only has himself to blame for being unfit and unprofessional. I reckon he was who TM had in mind when he went on the unprofessional rant.
If he was fitter he would have a bit more zip to his bowling.

Luke’s batting is overrated though.
He never has his eye in or seeing it as you’d expect a batsman would.
Think through a non Zimbabwe lens. He’s a number 10 batsman for Sri Lanka and a competent number 11 if this was Australia.
So what if he gets the odd 30 and odd awkward six.
Look what Lyon and Cummins did in the first ashes test for example. Luke can’t do that shit.
That's a good post.

Googly

Post by Googly »

chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:18 am
Ok guys..

Hopefully you're so far gone you won't read this, but in the likely event you return, you are not wanted here at all.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:31 pm
chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:18 am
Ok guys..

Hopefully you're so far gone you won't read this, but in the likely event you return, you are not wanted here at all.
Look I’d hope so, but I know how this clown operates.

He follows the same pattern.

1. Signs up, tried to post serious, flies under the radar for a few weeks but eventually gets criticised for low IQ, uneducated and his silly ‘advice’ for ZC.
2. Doesn’t take the criticism as educational and starts arguing with all and sundry.
3. Loses the plot and starts trolling with lots of bad English and misspellings like ‘bowl/ball’ ‘looser’ and ‘youngSTARS’
4. Gets banned
5. Waits a few months
6. See point 1, cycle re starts
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

[quote=zimbos_05 post_id=250298 time=1704793958 user_id=900]
I know you are all saying Shumba did well, but to me a SR of 57 in an ODI is not great in the context. I'm not asking for him to hit fours and sixes, but just to rotate the strike. Keep taking the ones and twos. I also see comments like, "he hit a good shot, but it went to a fielder". Yes, that can happen, but when it happens regularly it means the batsman is not working the ball into the gaps.

That middle period is great to keep the rate ticking over and just build the structure for a late push. I hope he will learn from this and improve because this is his first innings of note considering he has had so many opportunities.

The scorecard says we challenged, which is good, but I think again, the weak point is our batting. Too much reliance on just 2 or 3 guys to score all the runs.
[/quote]

All indications are the pitch was slightly difficult. SL struggled to chase a very small target of 208. Zimbabwe are currently at a spot right now where they just need to focus on getting all their processess right. There is no pressure of qualification for any tournament in the near future, there is clarity on which players are available, in short there is some stability despite the tumult of 2023. The players should just focus on honing their skills and perfecting their craft. The results will follow if that is done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)