Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka. 2nd ODI. 8th Jan 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka. 2nd ODI. 8th Jan 2024

Post by secretzimbo »

eugene wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:36 pm
Faraz Akram has done ok I guess, but once he is unhelpful conditions I think he will get slaughtered. He is too slow. I would ditch Mufudza for another batsman, we need to bat deep, at the moment we have 3 or 4 number 11s. Mitchell Starc would bat at 6 in our lineup.
If you ditched Mufudza then Burl would have had to bowl 10 overs. And that would have been a disaster today. His bowling is a total lottery. half the time good, half the time diabolical.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:03 pm
eugene wrote:
Faraz Akram has done ok I guess, but once he is unhelpful conditions I think he will get slaughtered. He is too slow. I would ditch Mufudza for another batsman, we need to bat deep, at the moment we have 3 or 4 number 11s. Mitchell Starc would bat at 6 in our lineup.
If you ditched Mufudza then Burl would have had to bowl 10 overs. And that would have been a disaster today. His bowling is a total lottery. half the time good, half the time diabolical.
What about Milton, what is his bowling like?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

eugene wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:20 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
eugene wrote:
Can be alright at times, but again you don't want to rely on it much. List A bowling average of 60 after 44 games....

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

mnelson68 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:55 pm
Googly wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:21 pm
That's the other thing- a guy not doing well at 1,2 or 3 has a good chance of doing well at 7.
A guy being average at 7 has got zero and I mean zero chance of batting up the order. They ll try though.
They'll keep playing Madande until he gets a 50 and then he'll go to 5 or less and he WILL fail. They're dumbass is all.
You've lost the plot
madande is killing us at 7 spot
why not put gumbie as wk
and klong at 7th
or kaitano, gumbie klong ervine shumba top 5

Googly

Post by Googly »

Talk us thru your head injury, we're here for you.

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
eugene wrote:
I don't think anyone can land leggies at will unless they bowl for at least an hour a day.
Burl needs to roll up his sleeves because his role has to be that of a reliable leggie and closer.

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:35 pm
eugene wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:20 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Can be alright at times, but again you don't want to rely on it much. List A bowling average of 60 after 44 games....
He was a reliable left arm orthodox, which is extremely useful. He has taken his foot off the pedal with his bowling perhaps thinking his batting will carry him and it won't, or shouldn't.
When young guys hit franchise there are usually established bowlers and they don't get to bowl and thing fukkit let me make some runs.
There are guys who could undoubtedly put in more effort.
Not sure what the catalyst is to make this happen.
You need up and coming guys pressing for spots that are prepared to do the hard yards for a couple of years for free and rich parents prepared to support them until they get a 600 a month franchise contract for 4 months so they can buy their own tent.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don't think the plan of performance based contracts once you perform, but in the meantime work hard for free is going to get results :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I was impressed by Gumbie today. I didn't watch, but that was a very solid knock judging from the scorecard. He's been consistent and reliable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

chetanpatel1981

Post by chetanpatel1981 »

Sorry guys ..

I want to see Zimbabwe cricket team as winners.
But they are not learning.

To score 30 or 40 runs are not enough.

Atleast we should see the 100s from any batters not in each match...but atleast one match out of 3.

Nagarava and madande are best.

Gumbi is opner and we should hope big innings.he is playing well.

K-Long failed again...though he is one of the best.