Excessive injuries onfield

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Excessive injuries onfield

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimdoggy here,
Long time reader, rare poster.

This topic probably deserves its own thread.

We need to put some sort of pressure on ZC to take this topic a bit more serious.

Every game players are breaking down and every tour people are missing due to injuries.

This does not happen in any other country I can think of. Note: this includes teams with much more demanding schedules than ours.

Some of this might be part and parcel with the lack of professionalism by individuals in our setup (much ten same way we have fast bowlers who allow themselves in their prime to put on chub, such as panyangara, Jongwe, Aliseni, Chatara, Vitoria etc) but I think most of it is our conditioning.
I don’t think it’s due to our ageing roster either as it happens to a lot of players on the spectrum, but as it seems that ZC are persisting with the big three in anitehr WC cycle it adds to the importance of this topic.

Love to hear thoughts from all?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

andrea lanzoni

Re: Excessive injuries onfield

Post by andrea lanzoni »

Yes I agree: Zimbabwe is never able to deploy its best 11 because there is always someone who is injured.

Several months ago there was a promising bowler, B. Evans, any news about his fitness?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well the main issue is usually moronic selections by God Knows :lol:
Couple that with ageing players carrying long standing injuries and unfit players getting new ones and we never have the Best X1 on the park.

The only team in Zim that seems to be big on fitness is the U19 side who are inherently fit from other school sport anyway.
The franchise teams are particularly bad, there never seems to be any pre-season prep and then once the season starts there isn't that much time. Some players will do some maintenance work, but that's about it. There will be a few guys that take the fitness much more seriously than others.

There are a few guys that a yoyo test would actually kill. :lol:

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

How rarely do we see Williams, Raza, and Ervine all on the field at the same time? One of Williams or Ervine is usually nursing a strain of some sort.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes