Selection Issues for First Test

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
lange22

Selection Issues for First Test

Post by lange22 »

I have a fear that the selectors won't go in to the First Test in Bridgetown selecting both Cremer and Price.

I hope that they don't hold opinions that others have leap-frogged them or only one spinner should be taken in.
I believe they should be the first two picked. They may have to bowl a lot of overs and it would be perfect to have them operating in tandem.

If the selectors don't select them both, the little bit of confidence I have in Zim Cricket administration will be shot.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Selection Issues for First Test

Post by sloandog »

lange22 wrote:I have a fear that the selectors won't go in to the First Test in Bridgetown selecting both Cremer and Price.

I hope that they don't hold opinions that others have leap-frogged them or only one spinner should be taken in.
I believe they should be the first two picked. They may have to bowl a lot of overs and it would be perfect to have them operating in tandem.

If the selectors don't select them both, the little bit of confidence I have in Zim Cricket administration will be shot.

Couldn't agree more.
Cremer and Price both illustrated why we need them in this test series. Cremer to take wickets, and Price to build up pressure. Should be Jarvis, Price, Cremer and either Chatara or Mpofu. Think it'll have to be Mpofu

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Knowing the selectors they will go with Chatara, Mpofu, Price, and Maruma.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Cremer will bowl better with Price, his role will be more clear cut. Price can do what is asked of him, not everyone else in the attack can.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Im all for playing two spinners, however my main concern is that Barbados is the one pitch in the West Indies which still has some pace and bounce in it.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

zimfan1 wrote:Im all for playing two spinners, however my main concern is that Barbados is the one pitch in the West Indies which still has some pace and bounce in it.
My main concern is, do we have the seamers to exploit this?

lange22

Post by lange22 »

however my main concern is that Barbados is the one pitch in the West Indies which still has some pace and bounce in it
I agree. A pity we don't have the Chigumbura version circa 2010/11 around. Would have been perfect for the 3rd seamer. Tatenda is a huge loss too - we were a much better side with him just for his batting.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I miss Taibu :cry:

aydee

Post by aydee »

sloandog wrote:I miss Taibu :cry:
^ This.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah, the balance is harder without him.