Zimbabwe Vs Sri Lanka| 2nd T20 |16 Jan 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Sri Lanka| 2nd T20 |16 Jan 2024

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:43 pm
What problems will they be solving out of interest?

They wont solve any of the real problems. At best, if they even do well, they will plug some holes and cover over the cracks for a short while until the real problems are once again exposed.
It's more about having a decent team SZ. If you are talking about deeper problems within ZCB then that I'm afraid won't change. We have to do with the talent that is available. At least the likes of Myers, Wes, Bennett have some ability.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:52 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:43 pm
What problems will they be solving out of interest?

They wont solve any of the real problems. At best, if they even do well, they will plug some holes and cover over the cracks for a short while until the real problems are once again exposed.
It's more about having a decent team SZ. If you are talking about deeper problems within ZCB then that I'm afraid won't change. We have to do with the talent that is available. At least the likes of Myers, Wes, Bennett have some ability.
They do, but then lots of other guys who have been tried in the side and failed over the past twenty years had loads of ability too. But they will continue to struggle against good quality international teams because of the many other things that just aren’t in place or aren’t working in the system. Unfortunately.

We’ve had really promising youngsters before.

I hope I’m wrong.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:00 pm
It was Taylor/Williams/Ervine/Hamilton and then Madhevere/Myers/Bennett. I'm not including Raza cuz he was already mid 20s when he popped up so not exactly "young". One other guy worth mentioning in between is Tari Musakanda...he had a considerable promise. And I guess you can throw Burl in there as well. But thats about it in terms of batting talent coming through in the past 20 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Well maybe they were the only ones you know of in your sadly limited knowledge of Zim cricket.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:11 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
It was Taylor/Williams/Ervine/Hamilton and then Madhevere/Myers/Bennett. I'm not including Raza cuz he was already mid 20s when he popped up so not exactly "young". One other guy worth mentioning in between is Tari Musakanda...he had a considerable promise. And I guess you can throw Burl in there as well. But thats about it in terms of batting talent coming through in the past 20 years.
A highly silly comment from a usually competent poster

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:
Flawed opinion
Absolutely no mention of Malcolm Waller :lol:

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:
Musakanda has had ten years to get it right and isn’t even close.
If it takes a decade long to develop, you ain’t worth the energy.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:33 pm
Well maybe they were the only ones you know of in your sadly limited knowledge of Zim cricket.
If you’ve got names, I’m open to discussing. I mean are you including guys like Ballance, Muyeye, Ryan Murray, CDG?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)