Logan Cup 24-27 Jan | Rhinos Vs Mountaineers | Rocks Vs Eagles

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Logan Cup 24-27 Jan | Rhinos Vs Mountaineers | Rocks Vs Eagles

Post by Googly »

I'm betting Byrom makes a hundred today

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:00 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:50 am
The harder stuff doesn’t last that long in the system and that’s how I think BT got away with it for a while. You could tell the way he was playing in his last year that he was on something. There was one blinder of a catch he took at slip in a Logan Cup game which I think even surprised him :lol:
No you couldn’t tell, lol BT did not take the field after snorting lines.
What you could see is his mind wasn’t fully in the game. He had off field distractions, but that isn’t ‘on something’, it’s more likely the impending fallout.
I know you love to bet. You would bet your house that the man who admitted he beat drug tests before he was caught and was trying to play like prime ABD every innings for a year never ever played high right? Don't forget they weren't doing in house tests for years. Yes the man whose life was spiralling around him never played a pointless Logan Cup game high.

None of us were there with him so we will never know I guess.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Curran out for 99

Googly

Post by Googly »

Shame.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:50 am
Curran out for 99
He needed that 100. He has found some form. This would have been against a decent attack

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:12 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:50 am
The harder stuff doesn’t last that long in the system and that’s how I think BT got away with it for a while. You could tell the way he was playing in his last year that he was on something. There was one blinder of a catch he took at slip in a Logan Cup game which I think even surprised him :lol:
What you could see is his mind wasn’t fully in the game. He had off field distractions, but that isn’t ‘on something’, it’s more likely the impending fallout.
I know you love to bet. You would bet your house that the man who admitted he beat drug tests before he was caught and was trying to play like prime ABD every innings for a year never ever played high right? Don't forget they weren't doing in house tests for years. Yes the man whose life was spiralling around him never played a pointless Logan Cup game high.

No offence but this is by far the dumbest thing ive very heard you ever say so i'll take that bet.

If he took the field under any type of substance he wouldnt have survived more than 4 balls
The reaction times in cricket at that level is next level insane.
i remember we all cracked a beer a few years ago waiting to bat an every single one of us didnt score a run, from one beer.

and besides, why would you want to take coke before a game? What benefit? People snort to unwind and have a good time.

BT played like he did because he didnt care or was going through a 'fuck it, yolo' spell.

He would have been doing coke in the evening or on weekends.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:10 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:12 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

No offence but this is by far the dumbest thing ive very heard you ever say so i'll take that bet.

If he took the field under any type of substance he wouldnt have survived more than 4 balls
The reaction times in cricket at that level is next level insane.
i remember we all cracked a beer a few years ago waiting to bat an every single one of us didnt score a run, from one beer.

and besides, why would you want to take coke before a game? What benefit? People snort to unwind and have a good time.

BT played like he did because he didnt care or was going through a 'fuck it, yolo' spell.

He would have been doing coke in the evening or on weekends.
Your assumption is that for someone to be high they are taking drugs before the game starts like in a movie and not factoring in that someone could have had an all night bender. You are also assuming that he is batting for 4 days in a Logan cup game where he needs to be super focused. Our guys with the reputation of being super professional athletes.

Anyway I will leave it at that. Maybe we will come back to this one day. Maybe we won’t. We will see. All I will say is you are putting your faith in the wrong people.

And what weekends are you talking about exactly when they are playing and training on most of them?

Googly

Post by Googly »

A night in Mutare, KweKwe or Bulawayo, let alone 4 in one go would tempt a lot of people to try hard drugs. Unless you're into crocheting or something similar, it's mind numbing.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Good hundred from Eddie. I don't think he's done yet.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Also anti-doping rules followed by the ICC(WADA) only ban in-competition use of cocaine and cannabis. The fact that cocaine lasts for around 6 days and you get flagged in-competition means there is a real possibility you were high at some point during a tour. He was flagged after the Third ODI. The 3 games were 5 days apart. The question then becomes what is your definition of high? That’s subjective. The ICC will know what the concentration levels were in his system.

It’s a systematic method. The threshold for weed was also increased drastically to target in-competition use by elite athletes so I don’t think you will be flagged for smoking 3 months prior.