Logan Cup 24-27 Jan | Rhinos Vs Mountaineers | Rocks Vs Eagles

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup 24-27 Jan | Rhinos Vs Mountaineers | Rocks Vs Eagles

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:03 am
I'm betting Byrom makes a hundred today
I sense match-fixing :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

It's a competitive game with some good players on the park.
Hes been due a decent score.
I thought he'd kick on, but hasn't.
He still frustrates me. Has a full array of shots and bats ultra conservatively.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

BT was off his face playing innings mere mortals can only dream of.

Don’t be diminishing the BT legend by suggesting he wasn’t :lol:

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:50 am
There was one blinder of a catch he took at slip in a Logan Cup game which I think even surprised him :lol:
:lol: no way he’d have taken that stone cold sober.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Just seen Glen Byrom's post. 100 in his 100th first class innings and 3000 fc runs.
Some good stuff, well done Ed Byrom.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:58 pm
Just seen Glen Byrom's post. 100 in his 100th first class innings and 3000 fc runs.
Some good stuff, well done Ed Byrom.
Brilliant. He might be too good for us at the moment.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Nick Welch currently doing the worst bowling I have ever seen in a pro game. Worse than deliberate declaration bowling. Double bouncers, neck high beamers...

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:10 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:12 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:00 am

No you couldn’t tell, lol BT did not take the field after snorting lines.
What you could see is his mind wasn’t fully in the game. He had off field distractions, but that isn’t ‘on something’, it’s more likely the impending fallout.
I know you love to bet. You would bet your house that the man who admitted he beat drug tests before he was caught and was trying to play like prime ABD every innings for a year never ever played high right? Don't forget they weren't doing in house tests for years. Yes the man whose life was spiralling around him never played a pointless Logan Cup game high.

None of us were there with him so we will never know I guess.
No offence but this is by far the dumbest thing ive very heard you ever say so i'll take that bet.

If he took the field under any type of substance he wouldnt have survived more than 4 balls
The reaction times in cricket at that level is next level insane.
i remember we all cracked a beer a few years ago waiting to bat an every single one of us didnt score a run, from one beer.

and besides, why would you want to take coke before a game? What benefit? People snort to unwind and have a good time.

BT played like he did because he didnt care or was going through a 'fuck it, yolo' spell.

He would have been doing coke in the evening or on weekends.
Since you did say this was the dumbest thing I have ever said.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/zim ... -scorecard

https://resources.pulse.icc-cricket.com ... -2022-.pdf

BT admitted to taking cocaine on the 5th of September. We don’t know at what time. He had a game the very next day. A warmup game. You said if he was under any sort of substance he wouldn’t have lasted 4 deliveries. He lasted 5.

As I said it all depends on what your definition of high is or how long the effects last on a person by person basis. We don’t know what time he took it or whether he went for a night out, was he feeling the come-down etc

I just wanted to show you that this is one example on an international tour when things were really crumbling under Rajput and they weren’t playing the T20s. He admitted he beat a few tests and was a mess for a over a year.

It’s not as far-fetched as you think. The question should be was he alone and who hooked him up in Ireland? Questions we probably don’t want to be answered for a few more years. If he could do that on an international tour, what about the domestic games he was playing?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

^ The high of cocaine doesn't last long at all. at least in theory, its supposed to only be 20-30 mins. so you could snort a line at at the coin toss, and by the time you come out to open, you'd be fine. I cou ld be wrong, I don't have any first-hand experience but thaty what I've read.

Now coke is stimulant, i think you could actually bat with while high - and probably bat pretty well. I would imagine coke dilates your pupils, letting in more light, so you'd actually see the ball better. you'd probably be all aggro, and bat in 5th gear kinda like BT was doing right before he got busted. Granted, with the all the cardiovascular effects, you'd be a considerably high chance of having a heart attack while batting, but as long as you were out there, you'd probably perform quite well.

I'd imagine depressants like alcohol and weed and opioids would slow you down and make you a worse batter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Well it depends. I reckon 1 or 2 beers could actually help :lol: But obviously more than that, no.

I think it’s a stretch to suggest being high on coke would improve somebodies batting ability…. :shock: