ODI Team

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: ODI Team

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

1. Sikander Raza
2. H Masakadza
3. Williams
4. Taylor
5. Waller
6. Coventry
7. Chigumbura
8. Mushangwe
9. S Masakadza
10. Price
11. Mpofu/Jarvis

Terrific..isn't it?
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:1. Sikander Raza
2. H Masakadza
3. Williams
4. Taylor
5. Waller
6. Coventry
7. Chigumbura
8. Mushangwe
9. S Masakadza
10. Price
11. Mpofu/Jarvis

Terrific..isn't it?
Chopper is overseas, so i would give one last chance to Vusi at the top with Raza
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

betterdays
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by betterdays »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:Not sure of the squad, this is what a NewsDay reporter has brought out on Twitter (18 man squad) - via Liam Brickhill. No Price, no Rainsford.
Really bizarre this contempt being shown for these two. can someone find out any information on why Ed continues to be ignored!?

eugene

Post by eugene »

Rainsford must have pissed someone off somewhere. Maybe Googly knows? Is Price injured or something?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Queens is like a second Bangladesh...whether its the one in New York City or the one in Bulawayo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Hi all Im new to the forum I live in Aus but have a soft spot for Zim this would be my side for the 1st ODI Taking into consideration Jarvis' heavey work load and sore quad plus Meth is obviously injured aswell and working with the players in the squad here go's

Vusi
Hammie
Raza
Taylor
Waller
Williams
Chigs
Mushangwe
Mutombodzi
Shingi
Vitori

Have to give Raza a go since this is the only series Zim have to experiment before the Sub-continent superpowers arrive ( should organise a ODI series v Kenya/Afganistan )he's worth a shot and cold really blossom on the international scene. Need Vusi n Hammie at the top since there is no one else Taylor, Waller & Williams to give middle order length n stability then Chigs for finishing. For the Bowling it'll turn At Queens so the two very impresive leggies get another shot and since I'm an Aussie I believe in the rotation policey so give Vitori, Chatara, Shingi, Panyangar & Jarvis all a turn. But i have one question ...... Who did Rainsford screw over ???? surley he is the best seamer in ODI format for Zim ( would also play well in tests )
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

FlowerPower

Post by FlowerPower »

jaybro wrote: ...... Who did Rainsford screw over ???? surley he is the best seamer in ODI format for Zim ( would also play well in tests )
Good luck with getting an answer to that I've posed it adnausea and months on not even ( Bayhaus or Googly (the connected) seem to have an answer....
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

takleg
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by takleg »

jaybro wrote:

Vusi
Hammie
Raza
Taylor
Waller
Williams
Chigs
Mushangwe
Mutombodzi
Shingi
Vitori
Yes.
Vusi, Mawoyo, H.Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Mutumbami, S.Masakadza, Meth, Price, Jarvis

betterdays
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by betterdays »

jaybro wrote:Hi all Im new to the forum I live in Aus but have a soft spot for Zim this would be my side for the 1st ODI Taking into consideration Jarvis' heavey work load and sore quad plus Meth is obviously injured aswell and working with the players in the squad here go's

Vusi
Hammie
Raza
Taylor
Waller
Williams
Chigs
Mushangwe
Mutombodzi
Shingi
Vitori
welcome Jaybro ... like the team, not sure you needed the preface about Jarvis though, i don't think he should be in the ODI team but this team looks good (looks like Mutombodzi's not in the squad so maybe Utseya?)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Im can't understand why the young leggie Mutombodzi is left out 2 wickets on debut plus he can bat ?? You guys always surprise me with your selections. I know Utseya has taken over 100 ODI wickets but 111 wickets in 141 matches is disappointing, he should be at least 1.5 wickets per match at this stage of he's carrer. Jarvis is expensive and he's ODI stats are poor but he is a genuine wicket taker and the best way to limit scores are to take early wickets so your spinners can strangle the middle order ( probably why Utseya's stats are poor ). I still reckon he's worth a shot ........ but if I were picking ODI bowlers from the Previous Domestic season Rainsford and Querl would be my opening bowlers with Jarvis and Mupawria in the squad ( 35 matchs 55 wickets 26.29 Ave 4.89 Eco 32.2 3 S/R ) very impresive stats !!!!
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement