Drugs bans

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
aydee

Drugs bans

Post by aydee »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/wess ... se-1418132

Mavuta's comeback lasted one day... Him and Madhevere banned for 4 months, Mavuta replaced by Chirwa in the current Logey game.

Also... Kasuza, who seems to have been playing with new found freedom and fluency recently, has apparently also tested positive, been suspended and received the sheep hook from the current game. Presumably he will now receive a similar formal ban shortly...

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Drugs bans

Post by secretzimbo »

Blimey, 4 month bans?!?! I’m surprised they’ve thrown the book at them so hard. That’s really quite severe.

I think it’s a good thing though. The players need this wake up call.

My question is how ‘random’ is the random testing? There are other higher-profile players who are drug users and probably everyone knows. Have they been tested? Or are they excused?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Excused. Clearly

aydee

Post by aydee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:17 am
Blimey, 4 month bans?!?! I’m surprised they’ve thrown the book at them so hard. That’s really quite severe.

I think it’s a good thing though. The players need this wake up call.

My question is how ‘random’ is the random testing? There are other higher-profile players who are drug users and probably everyone knows. Have they been tested? Or are they excused?
Do you get much more high profile, and part of the in-crowd than Madhevere?

Googly

Post by Googly »

No they did a second round, but only picked a few guys.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:25 am
No they did a second round, but only picked a few guys.
Must be this that has caught out Kasuza. Who unfortunately come out of that looking like he probably isn't especially smart...

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well if its in your system for 3 months you're a bit jigged if they suddenly decide to test. You're best off claiming your gran died in Gokwe and hide.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Wasn’t Kasuza the one that apparently had all the articles about him going on a sojourn to work on his game etc

Can’t be too serious an athlete if he’s smoking the devils lettuce
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Serious professional athletes are not using recreational drugs. This drug culture needs to be weeded out, pun intended, as fast as possible.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Bollocks lol; Zim cricket is the new rock and roll with its strip clubs and frantic innings of note.

This ain’t 1950 and playing King George’s royal select XI on a day off from some big game tour. Get with the times and embrace the new culture. Curb it when the ICC are sniffing around and don’t worry about it at franchise level.

These bans are excessive and shoot holes in the pointy shoes to spite their feet. Wez and Brandawg are match winners and back it up with wild off field performances.

Kasuza 🤷🏻‍♂️ he’s no loss.