Building the future zim side

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Building the future zim side

Post by Donald »

I think it's plausible that Dion Myers ( last term of uni) Jonathan campbell Ali hamid, Maposa, Antum Navqi could form the backbone of our side in future years.

Have I missed out anyone?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Building the future zim side

Post by sloandog »

Ben Curran needs to be seriously considered (not yet) for future plans. He's a player who's starting to find his feet up top. Nick welch and matty welch also need to be strongly considered, as does Brian Bennett and perhaps Ryan Kamwemba. I still think Marumani has a lot to offer. He's a naturally gifted player but hasn't found the going easy, at all.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

The best young prodigy best placed to get to the level of our top 3 is probably Bennett. Has that composure. Perhaps not natural talent but let’s see.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Brain Bennett is looking like one for the future if everything stays fine. Meaning he hangs around and basically becomes someone as good as Craig Ervine or Sean Williams.

Jonathan Campbell has had a good season, so that's another guy we can keep an eye on. He should get his chance, it's a deserving one.

It will be good if we can have more bowlers or pace bowling all rounders come through. I can't see any standouts as of now from amongst the young lads.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It’s too early to tell for me. Wes had a very impressive start as well. Scored multiple 50s in his first year. He scored a 70 in Pakistan if I remember correctly. I don’t know if they will give Bennet the same long rope if things start going wrong

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:55 am
It’s too early to tell for me. Wes had a very impressive start as well. Scored multiple 50s in his first year. He scored a 70 in Pakistan if I remember correctly. I don’t know if they will give Bennet the same long rope if things start going wrong
Was going to say he won't be given the same opportunities or patience

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:09 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Why not?

He’s been given lots of opportunities at every level already and is clearly one of the more favoured players with ZC

Donald

Post by Donald »

Has the squad list against Durham been finalised yet?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:28 am
sloandog wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:09 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Why not?

He’s been given lots of opportunities at every level already and is clearly one of the more favoured players with ZC
I've just seen the way Brad Evans was treated after a few bad games and can't help but think Bennett may be in the same bracket. I obviously hope to be proven wrong

Donald

Post by Donald »

Ali hamid Jono Campbell matt welch dion myers ( back this summer) bennett munyonga are players that can be groomed.

Who would have though brian chari would be top run getter too. MYbe he deserves another test chance.