ZC announce major restructure: Mhishi Committee

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: ZC announce major restructure: Mhishi Committee

Post by TapsC2 »

I don’t mind them taking their time to be honest. The players get along with Matsikenyeri and this is a zero pressure tour. We have everything to gain and nothing to lose so a relaxed environment might not be the worst thing for the guys right now.

A top coach will definitely want to bring his own assistant coaches. A costly exercise but we need this to be done because of the number of young players around. I would have hired a top coach to work with Mangongo for the u25s as well. I heard they have identified over 50 players for that programme.

The problem that comes with getting foreign coaches in the domestic setup is where do all the old players go if they can’t get that job? Where will they reassign them to?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:27 am
I heard they have identified over 50 players for that programme.
Madness

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

If they trying to bring Trevor penny his ipl side last match on 19th may, it's too long :!:

And the big MONEY Flower, his ipl side last match on 18th may :!:

Then who is that MAN?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'm 1000% sure it's not Flower, I just used him as an example. It would be very interesting if he was in the mix, but I don't see that. One big reason is his kids are in UK and he wouldn't want to leave them for long stretches. Imagine what he commands for T20 gigs!!! In and out and time to kick back in between, what a grand lifestyle. Why change that?

The name first mentioned was Penny. I'm not sure he's a big enough name leading into a world cup we're hosting?

An interesting one would be Kirsten. He ticks the boxes and has his Cape Town Academy which ZC could make use of.
He has two very good coaches down there. At least one of them could get lucky and go from R10 000 rand a month to $10 000 usd if he was part of his package, a x20 pay increase!
The one guy is called Ryan Cook, Jimmy Cook's son, he's highly regarded as a coach, very well known. If ZC thought out of the box they'd get him to head up an academy here as part of the deal.

If they do bring in some franchise coaches and allow them to pick their own teams it will be very interesting, although I don't see that happening.
ZC wouldn't be able to carry some of the older journeymen cricketers that they have been, nor the tired and frequently absent coaches and assistants. The cushy retirement jobs some of the party stalwarts are hoping for may not be affordable for ZC. I would predict some very disgruntled folk if ZC were to do this. You might see some guys with nothing to lose causing some shit.
You also need a special kind of coach that would settle into a life in Masvingo, Kwekwe or Mutare. That's another problem. The money would have to outweigh the desire to hang yourself daily.
Gillespie claimed to have loved the Kwekwe life :lol:
The best view of these places these days is in the rear view mirror.
Imagine the shock of players having to do some pre-season and in-season practice and fitness! Some of the guys will be thinking it's better to just be shit. :lol:

We need a drastic shake up or we're doomed, that is certain. It might be too late, but please let's see a real attempt at saving the day. We're tired of players buying spots to fulfill visa requirements and such as well.
They need longer breaks between games to give players a chance to work on stuff and hopefully improve. That's also key.

Let's hope the speculation is not all in vain and we don't just plod along to weary oblivion.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The problem that comes with getting foreign coaches in the domestic setup is where do all the old players go if they can’t get that job? Where will they reassign them to?
They get cut loose on Civvie Street with no skills and a grim future I would guess. Whilst it's a horrible thought to contemplate, is there a cricket board whose responsibility it is to look after people for life? ZC have done it for their favorites, and other boards also do it, but its not the norm.
It's beyond ugly because players here have no savings and who knows how they make ends meet when they're getting a salary, never mind when they're let go. Selectors get to play God.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:16 am
You also need a special kind of coach that would settle into a life in Masvingo, Kwekwe or Mutare. That's another problem. The money would have to outweigh the desire to hang yourself daily.
Gillespie claimed to have loved the Kwekwe life :lol:
The best view of these places these days is in the rear view mirror.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Googly wrote:

An interesting one would be Kirsten. He ticks the boxes and has his Cape Town Academy which ZC could make use of.
He has two very good coaches down there. At least one of them could get lucky and go from R10 000 rand a month to $10 000 usd if he was part of his package, a x20 pay increase!
The one guy is called Ryan Cook, Jimmy Cook's son, he's highly regarded as a coach, very well known. If ZC thought out of the box they'd get him to head up an academy here as part of the deal.

Gary Kirsten is going to take over the coaching responsibilities of the whiteball team of pakistan cricket.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Marshmallow wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:35 pm
Googly wrote:

Gary Kirsten is going to take over the coaching responsibilities of the whiteball team of pakistan cricket.
Is that confirmed? I think they have appointed Azhar Mahmood as their coach for NZ series and it looks like Jason Gillispie is headed to be their head coach going forward.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:28 pm
Marshmallow wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:35 pm
Googly wrote:

Is that confirmed? I think they have appointed Azhar Mahmood as their coach for NZ series and it looks like Jason Gillispie is headed to be their head coach going forward.
Not officially announced but he is going to take over white ball head coach role and Gillispie taking the red ball coaching role.