Hamilton Masakadza steps down

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Hamilton Masakadza steps down

Post by sam_ahm »

Kirby is indeed a big loss.

So now that there is no director of cricket, who will evaluate the aspirants that have applied for Head coach job? 😆

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Tino and Stanley

Googly

Post by Googly »

Interesting observation from a guy not on the coal face.
Both those fellas have been very astute and both capable people. Pick a guy who loves cricket and will do some hard yards and has a track record that will make your arse water.
Houghton

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Kopje »

He was asked to jump, basically.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well they're showing they're being proactive, but as with DH it's a lateral movement.
What I'm curious about is the Pimp Meister, is he out or being shuffled around as well?

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

What is the benefit of keeping pimp daddy around anyway?
What does he bring to the table exactly.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

He knows too much

jw2

Post by jw2 »

I have always found Hammy a great guy to deal with, always friendly, approachable and humble. Twenty years ago we had him, Taibu, Sibanda, Matsikenyeri, all from Churchill School, all tremendous prospects and all great guys of fine character, but sadly their careers were badly damaged by the political revolution in ZC. I don't think we have even one such batting prospect today among the black players, and ZC need to find out why not.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

jw2 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:21 pm
I have always found Hammy a great guy to deal with, always friendly, approachable and humble. Twenty years ago we had him, Taibu, Sibanda, Matsikenyeri, all from Churchill School, all tremendous prospects and all great guys of fine character, but sadly their careers were badly damaged by the political revolution in ZC. I don't think we have even one such batting prospect today among the black players, and ZC need to find out why not.
Exactly this. We could only dream of having youngsters as talented as Masakdaza, Taibu, Sibanda, and Matsikenyeri all coming through the system at the same time now. Those four are ahead of any young batter we have - black, white, or asian, at the moment.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

jw2 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:21 pm
We know why.
But I also don't totally agree. We have some really good prospects in our system. They haven't done much, but in terms of ability there are some excellent players.