[Match Thread] African games - Zimbabwe vs Tanzania

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: [Match Thread] African games - Zimbabwe vs Tanzania

Post by sam_ahm »

Zimbabwe are hard done by, as is usually the case. Those points that Namibia had lost were massive and could have possibly secured direct qualification for Zim at 2026 T20 WC.

Zimbabwe can still go ahead of Namibia though if they win the series against Bangladesh. That series is crucial for Zimbabwe in terms of rankings as only 1 point seperates Zimbabwe, Ireland and Namibia.

We can also hope if Ireland or Namibia slip up against some of those lower ranked sides like USA, Canada, Oman at the WC. That would be great for Zim, but first need to get some wins against Bangladesh, which ain't easy.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:52 pm
What an awful sport this is sometimes. :cry:
Yes how terrible to have standards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:21 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:52 pm
What an awful sport this is sometimes. :cry:
Yes how terrible to have standards.
The problem is that they changed them mid tournament because of results they didn’t like. If you are told that this is an international tournament with proper status then you send a second team then that’s on you. You can’t decide mid tournament that this isn’t going to work. This is why people complain about the ICC in general. They have too much freedom to do whatever they feel like on the day and that makes it a match fixers paradise.

Another way to look at it is if SA had strolled through the tournament what would have happened. Nobody complained when they smashed Ghana. In fact people were busy checking record books about scoring a century on debut.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Imagine India sends a D team in July and we somehow are 2-0 up then they change the status of the games. How would we feel? Imagine that’s how the Kenyans feel

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Yes rules shouldn’t be changed in the middle of a tournament. Totally agree there.

Which is why the ICC should never have expanded official status as widely as they did. Or started recognizing other authorities (International Olympic authority and their continental subsidiaries) to run official ICC sanctioned matches.

But if I was a Kenyan and we’d just beaten the 5th string side of a major nation, I definitely wouldn’t feel like I’d achieved anything significant.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I think you are completely on your own on this here.

It’s also weird you’d take this position of all people. It pretty much contradicts your political views over the years. You sound very elitist, imperialist, capitalist on this.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

I reckon if SA thought this tournament was beneath them they should have stayed out of it. With all these complications what happens if they win? I pray Uganda puts one over them so they head home nice and early.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:06 am
I think you are completely on your own on this here.

It’s also weird you’d take this position of all people. It pretty much contradicts your political views over the years. You sound very elitist, imperialist, capitalist on this.
That's what happens when you support Obiden and the Trannies. Nothing more elitist than a Liberal who suddenly find themselves with one paw on the piggy bank and the other on the steering wheel.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:14 am

That's what happens when you support Obiden and the Trannies. Nothing more elitist than a Liberal who suddenly find themselves with one paw on the piggy bank and the other on the steering wheel.
I'm not a liberal. Never identified as such. Why settle for being right only 90% of the time? I've got higher standards.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

tawac wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:04 am
I reckon if SA thought this tournament was beneath them they should have stayed out of it. With all these complications what happens if they win? I pray Uganda puts one over them so they head home nice and early.
Yeah, if they didn't find it to be worth it, why play at all?

I have serious doubts ZC didn't consider these to be internationals either. They started off naming the team as Zimbabwe-Emerging and changed it to Zimbabwe later.

All this chaos once again shows how incompetent ICC is in implementation anything properly.