Bangladesh 20/20s

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Bangladesh 20/20s

Post by sam_ahm »

They have announced the Squad.

S Raza
F Akram
B Bennett
R Burl
J Campbell
C Ervine
J Gumbie
L Jongwe
C Madande
T Marumani
W Mazakadza
B Muzarabani
A Ndlovu
R Ngarava
S Williams

Good squad except a couple of spots... Gumbie doesn't make sense in T20s and Marumani - how long a rope should he get?

Very harsh on Musekiwa and Owen Muzondo, I thought they deserved to retain their places from the Africa games.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Very interesting that they picked Gumbie. Maybe they don’t expect high scoring encounters. Probably play an anchor role if he gets a game. Like Craig does. K-Long looked shaky in Sri Lanka and they probably don’t want to gas Wes up yet.

Evans probably needs some more game time and it might be too early for Musekiwa and Muzondo. Ainsley is actually a decent backup for Wellington since Mavuta is probably still getting the same treatment as Wes for now

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Old Faraz :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Gumbie is a rubbish selection and you know what I think about Faraz. But other than that the squad is fine.

People will be delighted that Cumball is in.

Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by 55727835 »

Gumbie is likely picked as the reserve wicky if Madande is injured. Biggest surprise for me is K-long being removed and Marumani yet again being selected. K-long has to be a better shout for opener over Marumani. Great for Campbell to be selected, I was concerned he would miss out. Unbothered by Ndlovu, but would have preferred Mufudza/Muzondo.

Keep Akram and Marumani in the sheds PLEASE...

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Assume that Akram is there as Evans has not quite recovered. Nice to see Campbell in there but I don't think he is up to it.

Based on the squad Marumani is clearly going to open with Ervine, unless they chuck Raza up there. Marumani is the most talented hitter we have coming through the ranks go I would rather give him 10 games too many than 10 too few.

Imagine it will look like

1) Marumani
2) Ervine
3) Bennett
4) Williams
5) Raza
6) Burl
7) Madande
8) Jongwe
9) Wellington
10) Richie
11) Blessing

Jongwe will play after his performances with the bat in Sri Lanka. Would like to see Burl bowl a bit more.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yeah I must say Akram is a poor selection as well, totally forgot about him. Would much rather invest in a younger bowler, I don't know why they keep selecting Faraz, he doesn't look threatening at all, he is not young, he doesn't bring much to the table. Yeah that's three poor selections.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Faraz brings ‘something’ to the table…

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:01 pm
Faraz brings ‘something’ to the table…
😂

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm thinking they will probably go with this:

Marumani
Ervine
Bennett
Williams
Raza
Burl
Madande
Jongwe
Wellington
Ngarava
Muzarabani

Personally I would like to see Bennett opening with Ervine and slot Campbell in at No. 4 with Willo at 3.

I'll surely prefer to have Jongwe in the side, Wellington's place can also go to Ndlovu, in fact I would like to see Ndlovu start ahead of Wellington but knowing these people they will probably prefer Wellington.