[WT20 Match Thread] Netherlands v Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

[WT20 Match Thread] Netherlands v Zimbabwe

Post by maehara »

Netherlands v Zimbabwe
Wednesday 19th March

If we somehow conspire to lose this, it really is tournament over, even if Ireland slip up. But hey, we've lost to two Associates already this trip, what harm with making it a 3'fer? </sarcasm>

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [WT20 Match Thread] Netherlands v Zimbabwe

Post by foreignfield »

The Southern Hemisphere Dutch Heritage XI is a disgrace to world cricket. Let's smash them!

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

foreignfield wrote:The Southern Hemisphere Dutch Heritage XI is a disgrace to world cricket. Let's smash them!

Almost as bad as the 'Pakistan B' Hong Kong ....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Hope we can dominate with a big batting effort up front

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

jaybro wrote:
foreignfield wrote:The Southern Hemisphere Dutch Heritage XI is a disgrace to world cricket. Let's smash them!

I tend to disagree. The vast majority of those "Pakistanis" in the Hong Kong side have come through their system. They were not picked from Pakistani FC teams to represent HK. I have no problem with migration, it's a reality. Same applies to the UAE, or Canada or any other side who relies heavily on expats.

The Dutch, in contrast, are actively recruiting players from SA, Aus, NZ who would never consider to emigrate to the Netherlands, and they have done so for some time. Yesterday they had one player in the team who came through their system (Jamil) and one other player who might or might not have moved to the Netherlands with a different purpose than to play for their national side (Bukhari).

The Gruijters affair really sums it up.

In the past the Netherlands developed their own talent and had a few additional players from the first cricketing world. Now every young cricketer in the Netherlands knows that when he's made it through the age-groups he'll hit a glass ceiling with a couple or more new imports coming in by the season. I'm glad the Dutch lost out on qualification for the next WC because it gives them less money to got out recruiting.

aydee

Post by aydee »

foreignfield wrote:
jaybro wrote:

I tend to disagree. The vast majority of those "Pakistanis" in the Hong Kong side have come through their system. They were not picked from Pakistani FC teams to represent HK. I have no problem with migration, it's a reality. Same applies to the UAE, or Canada or any other side who relies heavily on expats.

The Dutch, in contrast, are actively recruiting players from SA, Aus, NZ who would never consider to emigrate to the Netherlands, and they have done so for some time. Yesterday they had one player in the team who came through their system (Jamil) and one other player who might or might not have moved to the Netherlands with a different purpose than to play for their national side (Bukhari).

The Gruijters affair really sums it up.

In the past the Netherlands developed their own talent and had a few additional players from the first cricketing world. Now every young cricketer in the Netherlands knows that when he's made it through the age-groups he'll hit a glass ceiling with a couple or more new imports coming in by the season. I'm glad the Dutch lost out on qualification for the next WC because it gives them less money to got out recruiting.
Seelar came through their system, I believe. Bukhari also moved their long before he was playing international cricket, he can be considered to be in the same boat as the Pakistani migrants in other sides.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

aydee wrote:Seelar came through their system, I believe. Bukhari also moved their long before he was playing international cricket, he can be considered to be in the same boat as the Pakistani migrants in other sides.
Yup, I overlooked Seelar ... that's three out of 11, great!

Ming

Post by Ming »

foreignfield wrote:
aydee wrote:Seelar came through their system, I believe. Bukhari also moved their long before he was playing international cricket, he can be considered to be in the same boat as the Pakistani migrants in other sides.
Yup, I overlooked Seelar ... that's three out of 11, great!
...almost as good as the English!
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Ming wrote:...almost as good as the English!
:lol:

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

My Zim XI vs Net: (Waller in for Sibanda/Maruma, Mushangwe in for Kamungozi)

1. Hamilton Masakadza
2. Sikandar Raza
3. Brendan Taylor (C+WK)
4. Sean Williams
5. Elton Chugumbura
6. Malcolm Waller
7. Timycen Maruma/Vusimuzi Sibanda
8. Prosper Utseya
9. Tinashe Panyangara
10. Tendai Chatara
11. Natsai Mushangwe