2nd 20/20 Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe may 5th

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: 2nd 20/20 Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe may 5th

Post by Marshmallow »

Marumani played most of his match as opener, with his technique he doesn't survive in newball. So i like to see him in lower order pinch hitter.

My 3rd T20i Xl (I know it's not even going to happen in a practice match :lol: )

Burl
Raza(c)
Ervine
Madande
Bennett
Campbell
Marumani(w)
Jongwe
Wellington /Ndlovu
Blessing
Ngarava

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

I have watched Campbell in domestic cricket over the last 3 years and nothing that I saw indicated he was capable of what he did yesterday.

I really want him to do well but I feel he will come up short. Lots of guys on social media saying that he is the new Sean Williams, Campbell does have 30% of Williams' talent.

However, he does have a strong personality and really wants to be successful, these qualities may help him have a half decent international career. But comparing him to Williams and Ervine, forget it.

Bennett, not as talented as Wes, Matty Welch and even Shumba, but boy does he have a strong mindset and game awareness.

We are a small cricketing country, Taylor, Williams, Masakadza, Ervine and Raza made up our batting lineup gor more than a decade. We only need to find 4 or 5 guys out of our domestic comp to have a decent batting order. Feels like a long way away at the moment but if we give guys a chance like Campbell we may be surprised at how well they do.

We need a spinner though.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Marshmallow wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 2:12 pm
Marumani played most of his match as opener, with his technique he doesn't survive in newball. So i like to see him in lower order pinch hitter.

My 3rd T20i Xl (I know it's not even going to happen in a practice match :lol: )

Burl
Raza(c)
Ervine
Madande
Bennett
Campbell
Marumani(w)
Jongwe
Wellington /Ndlovu
Blessing
Ngarava
It has to be seen if Zimbabwe Cricket are ready to play their best XI irrespective of the colour of the players to ensure Zimbabwe cricket stays afloat. There are more white batters doing well right now, so what do they do?

Having said that, we should not get carried away by the one debut knock of Campbell just yet, we will have to see how he goes, but the lad has potential.

I also see a lot of potential in Musekiwa and Muzondo, I agree they have bashed up weaker opponents, but I really liked what I saw and I think there is potential there. Then there is Madhevere and Mavuta. There is this pacer Maposa who looked quick, there is Ronak Patel who can be groomed.

So there are black and colored players who are coming through, which is a good sign, it's more about picking the right team, identifying the right talent and then having enough fixtures to help these guys play and get exposure.

If Zimbabwe are only going to play once in 3 months all the time then it becomes very difficult to form a team and even for the players to have that continuity. Lack of fixtures is probably hurting ZC more than anything else and it completely goes unnoticed. Every other team in this world plays nearly non stop.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

There’s absolutely no quota; Williams probably picked up a strain because he’s an old man and Burl was poor. The fact two murungus were swapped with two murungus is entirely coincidental and adds fuel to the fire :lol:

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

There is no quota and that’s one thing I really don’t like that Coltart constantly does. It puts people in defense mode then narratives about sabotage start coming up. Sometimes it’s better to keep certain opinions off social media. It’s counter productive.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Dont be surprised to see Evans, Williams, Craig, Burl, Bennett and Campbell all play one game together by the end of this year. That’s not even that far fetched. Probably an ODI

The most likely change tomorrow will be Williams for Gumbie but to me that’s fair because Burl needs a wake up call.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:25 pm
Dont be surprised to see Evans, Williams, Craig, Burl, Bennett and Campbell all play one game together by the end of this year. That’s not even that far fetched. Probably an ODI

The most likely change tomorrow will be Williams for Gumbie but to me that’s fair because Burl needs a wake up call.
I think we need to use this as a chance to move Burl up the order. I would personally rather Bennett bat at 5 with Campbell coming in at 6. This allows Raza to bat 4 which means Burl could potentially bat 3.

I would also explore Madande opening, might as well try things.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 2:44 pm
Marshmallow wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 2:12 pm

Burl
Raza(c)
Ervine
Madande
Bennett
Campbell
Marumani(w)
Jongwe
Wellington /Ndlovu
Blessing
Ngarava
It has to be seen if Zimbabwe Cricket are ready to play their best XI irrespective of the colour of the players to ensure Zimbabwe cricket stays afloat. There are more white batters doing well right now, so what do they do?

Having said that, we should not get carried away by the one debut knock of Campbell just yet, we will have to see how he goes, but the lad has potential.

I also see a lot of potential in Musekiwa and Muzondo, I agree they have bashed up weaker opponents, but I really liked what I saw and I think there is potential there. Then there is Madhevere and Mavuta. There is this pacer Maposa who looked quick, there is Ronak Patel who can be groomed.

So there are black and colored players who are coming through, which is a good sign, it's more about picking the right team, identifying the right talent and then having enough fixtures to help these guys play and get exposure.

If Zimbabwe are only going to play once in 3 months all the time then it becomes very difficult to form a team and even for the players to have that continuity. Lack of fixtures is probably hurting ZC more than anything else and it completely goes unnoticed. Every other team in this world plays nearly non stop.
There is NO QUOTA.
There was a time back when zim fielded 7 whites, so it's just a baseless allegations surfing in social media.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Marshmallow wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 4:06 pm

There is NO QUOTA.
There was a time back when zim fielded 7 whites, so it's just a baseless allegations surfing in social media.
Totally bro :lol: it’s Asian guys on Facebook who seem to think this quota exists.