Match Thread: 3rd T20 Zimbabwe v Bangladesh (7th May 2024)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread: 3rd T20 Zimbabwe v Bangladesh (7th May 2024)

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Donald wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:36 am
Would not mind Raza at number 3 or Burl. Give them some licence in power play.
Byt why 3? why not give them the chance to face the maximum 120 balls?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well if you want to decipher Ackermann's cryptic statement he surely means Raza and Burl up the order, if not opening.
I can't think of anything else.
In the past they've been down the order to save the blushes essentially. Not that Burl has done that often enough to justify it. He's done it enuf to retain his spot in a team bereft of alternatives. I've always said he should bat higher up, but he's been down the order for so long I don't think it's an easy adjustment for him.
Even when Raza has had some big scores opening against lesser sides most times he's gotten lucky surviving some close calls in his first 10 deliveries. It's such a big adjustment for both of them it is likely to result in a few failures if its ever going to work, and I have grave doubts.
Maybe he's thinking Marumani and Campbell will do the job lower down? That I don't have a problem with. We saw glimpses of what Maru is capable of. Problem with Maru is that it looks like he needs a bit of time to get into it at this level.
They'll be doing some homework on Jonno, he's had two good innings at really good strike rates.

Jongwe has a bad habit of trying to heave short stuff from well outside off to leg. Gets himself out often trying it. Just needs to cut up, if he's got the shot. He's had a really poor run with the bat.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

So this crazy scheme has the backing of 5 forumites and a couple of random pundits. This needs to happen tomorrow. Christ, they picked Clive with less mania than this :lol: