T20 WC 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: T20 WC 2024

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Actually I am rooting for Afghanistan. As much as Bangladesh’s diabolical loss to them hurts, I think it would be great for cricket for an outsider side to win a major trophy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq6auq5cyQ (Jaylen Brown, 2024 NBA Finals MVP)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Awesome win for the Proteas, they blitzed Afghanistan. Is this finally South Africa's time? Here's hoping!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Afghanistan shredded. South Africa make their first ICC WC Final, of course they do have that 1998 Champions Trophy win but that wasn't a WC.

Kriterion, the point here is not about Afghanistan being a bad team, I do agree they have emerged against the odds , it's more about ICC being consistent.

I also didn't like the fact that SL as a team were allowed to play ICC events even while their board was suspended but Zimbabwe weren't allowed to play the T20 WC Qualifiers.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Always nice to see Afghanistan lose. Most arrogant side out there. Nice to always see them humbled.

All the "feel good" stories about them, but we know what they really are.
Last edited by zimbos_05 on Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

eugene

Post by eugene »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:53 am
Always nice to see Afghanistan lose. Most arrogant side out there. Nice to always see them humbled.

All the "feel good" stories about them, but we know what they really are.
South Africa smashed them back to the stone age.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

I've met a few of them, they're nice guys. Rashid Khan has never been liked by us, a bit arrogant,especially for a 22 year old, but the others are OK. Dylan Mulvaney should go and do a couple of goat adverts and see if he can soften them up a little. ED managed to find 650 000 goats, maybe he can spare a few for Dyl to mince around Khabul with and do some PR for the women's team. The one thing that's certain is he'd get impregnated.
We don't like them because they're where we should be and they've done it thru war, famine and occupation.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I remember watching Fazal Farooqi at HSC a few years back. I think it was his debut. The crowd was taunting him for a bit but within 30 minutes he had shut everybody up. I think it was just before DH came back. Quality bowler

As for the Proteas this might be the moment.
It’s a bit concerning that they haven’t slipped up yet though. Might happen at the worst time

eugene

Post by eugene »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:55 am
I remember watching Fazal Farooqi at HSC a few years back. I think it was his debut. The crowd was taunting him for a bit but within 30 minutes he had shut everybody up. I think it was just before DH came back. Quality bowler

It’s a bit concerning that they haven’t slipped up yet though. Might happen at the worst time
Some of the close victories have essentially been SA slipping up, if anything India haven't had a down game and are due one. I'll be cheering for South Africa on Saturday, I would love to see them finally win a World Cup - for as good as they've been readmission they deserve more than just a 1998 Champions Trophy triumph, a Gold Medal at the 1998 Commonwealth Games, and being the No.1 ranked test team for an extended period.

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

eugene wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:45 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:55 am

Some of the close victories have essentially been SA slipping up, if anything India haven't had a down game and are due one. I'll be cheering for South Africa on Saturday, I would love to see them finally win a World Cup - for as good as they've been readmission they deserve more than just a 1998 Champions Trophy triumph, a Gold Medal at the 1998 Commonwealth Games, and being the No.1 ranked test team for an extended period.
I of course will support South Africa. They deserve more than what they have harvested so far.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

SA will totally choke from this advantageous position of having India 3 down in the power play :lol: