Zimbabwe in Indian domestic cricket

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Zimbabwe in Indian domestic cricket

Post by Train Driver »

It seems such a long time ago now, but am i right in thinking that ZC had recieved an invitation from the BCCI to take part in this seasons Buchi Babu Invitation Tournament ?

I noticed that the scorecards for the 2009/10 BBI Tournament have started to appear on Cricket Archive so i guess that ZC have chosen not to take part.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zimbabwe in Indian domestic cricket

Post by maehara »

Train Driver wrote:It seems such a long time ago now, but am i right in thinking that ZC had recieved an invitation from the BCCI to take part in this seasons Buchi Babu Invitation Tournament ?

I noticed that the scorecards for the 2009/10 BBI Tournament have started to appear on Cricket Archive so i guess that ZC have chosen not to take part.
Right on both counts. The Buchi Babu clashed with the Bangladesh tour, so I guess that had something to do with it - but it would have been nice to get official confirmation. Seems strange announcing your participation in a tournament and then just ignoring it...

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe in Indian domestic cricket

Post by Train Driver »

It seems so unlike ZC to do something and not announce it ........... ;)

There is a New Zealand side taking part as New Zealand A in the Buchi Babu, so i assume that the non-participation of Zim must have been decided some time ago maybe, as you say, because of the Bangladesh series and perhaps also because the Logan should have been underway by now, if i recall correctly this particular tournament is not classified as List A either.

All said, it is a great shame as some of the younger fringe players could have gained very valuable experience playing and watching cricket on the Sub Continent, a player such as Brighton Mugochi could well have picked up quite a lot of spin bowling tips.