2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:56 pm
I will be surprised if Ireland win a single game tbh. Group of death and on paper they are the weakest of the 4.

My predictions would be;

Group A
1 Sri Lanka
2 Namibia
3 Netherlands
4 Ireland

Group B
1 Scotland
2 Bangladesh
3 Oman
4 PNG

(I put Bangladesh lower solely to annoy Kriterion tbh :D . They'll almost certainly win the group lol :W: )

As you say though these teams are always unpredictable. There's not a huge difference between any of them and I include SL & Ban in that. Hard to know how the associates will deal with conditions too. I wonder if we will see relatively low-scoring pitches like we have in the IPL?
Out of these 8 teams, Bangladesh are probably the only ones that are clearly better than the rest. On current form at least. May be controversial to say, but I'd even rate BD ahead of the Afghans given that we are 4-0 against them in ICC events (3-0 in ODIs, 1-0 in T20). For some reason, they beat us in bilaterals, but in WCs we beat them regardless of the conditions. Even if this WC was played in England or Australian conditions, anyone would have to agree just based on the experience factor. Bangladesh are the side that should win a game or two in the Super 12 stages. Can't see any of the other 7 sides, Namibia included, winning in the main round, except perhaps against Afghanistan. Sri Lanka are a wild card, they have a few talented players, but just can't seem to be consistent.

My predictions:

SL > NED = IRE > NAM
BD > SCO > OMN > PNG

Also, I think the pitches will be in the 150-170 range. Neither low scoring, nor belters where it will be raining 6s and 4s. Thats for the Super 12 stage. In the first round average scores could well be lower but thats because Oman, PNG, Namibia could all be expected to be bundled out for under 100 runs in any given game.

I will cover my ass, and say I wouldn't be surprised to see one upset, but its hard to see Sri Lanka or Bangladesh losing to an associate in Asian conditions. But NED and SCO and IRE shouldn't be taken lightly, and could theoretically beat SL or BD on a good day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:23 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
I will be surprised if Ireland win a single game tbh. Group of death and on paper they are the weakest of the 4.

My predictions would be;

Group A
1 Sri Lanka
2 Namibia
3 Netherlands
4 Ireland

Group B
1 Scotland
2 Bangladesh
3 Oman
4 PNG

(I put Bangladesh lower solely to annoy Kriterion tbh :D . They'll almost certainly win the group lol :W: )

As you say though these teams are always unpredictable. There's not a huge difference between any of them and I include SL & Ban in that. Hard to know how the associates will deal with conditions too. I wonder if we will see relatively low-scoring pitches like we have in the IPL?
Out of these 8 teams, Bangladesh are probably the only ones that are clearly better than the rest. On current form at least. May be controversial to say, but I'd even rate BD ahead of the Afghans given that we are 4-0 against them in ICC events (3-0 in ODIs, 1-0 in T20). For some reason, they beat us in bilaterals, but in WCs we beat them regardless of the conditions. Even if this WC was played in England or Australian conditions, anyone would have to agree just based on the experience factor. Bangladesh are the side that should win a game or two in the Super 12 stages. Can't see any of the other 7 sides, Namibia included, winning in the main round, except perhaps against Afghanistan. Sri Lanka are a wild card, they have a few talented players, but just can't seem to be consistent.

My predictions:

SL > NED = IRE > NAM
BD > SCO > OMN > PNG

Also, I think the pitches will be in the 150-170 range. Neither low scoring, nor belters where it will be raining 6s and 4s. Thats for the Super 12 stage. In the first round average scores could well be lower but thats because Oman, PNG, Namibia could all be expected to be bundled out for under 100 runs in any given game.

I will cover my ass, and say I wouldn't be surprised to see one upset, but its hard to see Sri Lanka or Bangladesh losing to an associate in Asian conditions. But NED and SCO and IRE shouldn't be taken lightly, and could theoretically beat SL or BD on a good day.
Yeah, I dont think SL or BD will get knocked out in qualifiers. Their bowling attacks are too good for other teams imo

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
My predictions would be;

Group A
1 Sri Lanka
2 Namibia
3 Netherlands
4 Ireland

Group B
1 Scotland
2 Bangladesh

3 Oman
4 PNG
Well, I did predict.......

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:23 pm

Out of these 8 teams, Bangladesh are probably the only ones that are clearly better than the rest.
but its hard to see Sri Lanka or Bangladesh losing to an associate in Asian conditions.

:oops: :W:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Wow! Well played Scotland. Brilliant stuff.

How much have the associates improved. This is heartening to see. Bangladesh of all teams should know the associate teams better (than the rest), they've been in for a rude shock today.

In all fairness Bangladesh in these conditions are a good team, they just ran in to a spirited Scotland side.

Come on boys, more wins for the Associates and Ireland. Go boys!!!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Yeah, I`m taking back my words. Jeez Scotland

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:55 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
My predictions would be;

Group A
1 Sri Lanka
2 Namibia
3 Netherlands
4 Ireland

Group B
1 Scotland
2 Bangladesh

3 Oman
4 PNG
Well, I did predict.......
Final group standings could change yet based on NRR.

Poor show from BD overall with both bat and bowl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm certain that Bangladesh can cause some serious damage if they get into that ENG-Aus-RSA-WI group.

Yesterday's loss could be a good thing for Ban as long as they don't lose to Oman, which they won't. Srl might also join the same group 😂. All hell will break loose.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Campaher with a double hattrick :o

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Absolutely awful toss to lose for my Namibian boys! Hopefully they still go well though