2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Not sure if you possess the ability to read properly but okay. Kumara has been very inconsistent whenever I've watched him. You probably could have found a better YouTube clip though - using an example of him bowling a full 10kph slower than he was yesterday probably isn't the best way to illustrate your point. But I take your point :lol:

If you read my post correctly you will see I was talking about pace and accuracy. In your own post further up this page you actually agree with me and say how inconsistent he's been and in and out of the team. I think you agree with me so I'm not sure who you are even arguing with. Maybe read better?

Forgot about Dilhara actually. Can't really remember how quick he was but I appreciate the informative reply for once.
Right Kumara is inconsistent. But we're mostly talking about pace here. A lot of mediocre bowlers will look threatening bowling to Irish or Namibian batters. That "accurate" ball that squares up a Campher or Erasmus would probably be thumped to the cover fence by Kohli or sent flying over the ropes by Smith. If Lahiru and Dushmantha can maintain those sub 5 (or sub 7.5) economy rates that in the Super 12 stages, then its "real". But pace is pace regardless of the quality of batters being bowled to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:18 pm

Called it. :D
Actually you claimed to facetiously do that just to "annoy Kriterion", doesn't really count but I'll still give it to you. Its like Marumani french cutting the ball for 4.

1 for you so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:36 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Not sure if you possess the ability to read properly but okay. Kumara has been very inconsistent whenever I've watched him. You probably could have found a better YouTube clip though - using an example of him bowling a full 10kph slower than he was yesterday probably isn't the best way to illustrate your point. But I take your point :lol:

If you read my post correctly you will see I was talking about pace and accuracy. In your own post further up this page you actually agree with me and say how inconsistent he's been and in and out of the team. I think you agree with me so I'm not sure who you are even arguing with. Maybe read better?

Forgot about Dilhara actually. Can't really remember how quick he was but I appreciate the informative reply for once.
Right Kumara is inconsistent. But we're mostly talking about pace here. A lot of mediocre bowlers will look threatening bowling to Irish or Namibian batters. That "accurate" ball that squares up a Campher or Erasmus would probably be thumped to the cover fence by Kohli or sent flying over the ropes by Smith. If Lahiru and Dushmantha can maintain those sub 5 (or sub 7.5) economy rates that in the Super 12 stages, then its "real". But pace is pace regardless of the quality of batters being bowled to.
Didnt ireland club 177 againt you guys? :P

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:25 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:35 am

Lol I've watched a tonne of SL matches this year! I've never seen Kumara in particular bowl with this much pace and accuracy before though. He's a new man. Unplayable in these two matches by the looks of it.

Have SL ever in their history had two pace bowlers this good and fast at the same time? I can't remember if they have. Good Swing and seamers, sure. But two proper pacers is quite exciting and refreshing for them.
Both of these comments indicate you haven't been watching as much cricket as you might lead us to believe. At least I admit when I'm not watching the games...

Point #1, Kumara is an EXPRESS quick which means that he bowls 145+ in every game he plays, and frequently touches 150. If you haven't seen him bowl this pace, you haven't been watching him. Chameera has also always been fast. Neither of these guys just suddenly started to bowl quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i7VpQR6O0k (Kumara from two years ago)

Point #2. Has SL had bowlers of this pace before? Yes they have. Lasith Malinga at 140-145 and Dilhara Fernando who was 145 plus.

Yeah Chameera and Kumara have always been able to bowl very fast but injuries and inexperience hampered their bowling heaps. Kumara was mainly bowling at around 143 max until around 2 years ago. Chameera was out of the squad. Both were very inaccurate with Kumara being a little bit fat and Chameera being a bit malnutritioned. Both look so much fitter now. Vaas and Mickey have helped the bowling so much. Mickey for all his eccentricities is terrific in developing fielding and fitness, two key dimensions, most minnows tend to skip over. We saw the improvement in Pakistan and now we`re beginning to see it in Sri Lanka too. Grant hasnt been exactly able to replicate the success in Sri Lanka`s batting though unfortunately for us

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The first time I saw Chameera bowl, I think it was his debut - I was in awe. What a beautiful smooth-flowing action. I hope he still gets back to full fitness and has a long career. Proper fast bowler, that guy.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Ooh this Sharjah pitch is a weird one. Still looks mega slow. Ireland batted really really really well in that power play - Stirling showing his class as always.

The power play decides this I think on this sort of pitch. Namibia will win or lose in the first 6 overs of their chase pretty much.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Ireland with their usual middle order collapse lol.

Such a great great powerplay, and now they are backing it up with this disastrous middle order display! Absolutely horrible pitch though. I should imagine par score here is very low and 120 might actually be enough.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

If Namibia have any brains in their camp they should really think about sending Wiese or Smit out to open here and take advantage of the powerplay. First 6 overs decides this chase I'm sure. Will be very tough for them, think 125 is an okay-ish score in these conditions.

grant

Post by grant »

Zane Green seems like a poor choice up the order.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Terribly slow power play. They might find themselves struggling with the run rate unless someone plays a blinder of an innings.

Come on Namibia. Think they will struggle though :/