2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
slcricfan1

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by slcricfan1 »

I feel bad for these guys jeez. Getting absolutely violated

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Feels like a pretty good time to play the Netherlands for those ODIs. I hear theres some resistance from the Netherlands (They have SA in Nov/Dec and Afghanistan in Jan) - they want to delay the Zim series until much later in 2022.

ZC need to get on the phone and make it happen this summer haha. Don't give them time to rebuild!! :lol:

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Very interesting to imagine where ZImbabwe would have ended up. They crushed Scotland but got beat by BD. Im fairly confident they cant beat Sri Lanka but they could beat Namibia. Shame they couldnt make it

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

So with 12 places confirmed for 2022, there is scope for only 4 more spots.

Ireland, Netherlands and Zimbabwe should take 3 of those unless ICC puts all of them in the same group to ensure more Asian countries getting through.

ICC can play dirty, I don't trust them at all.

Other than the above 3,who are the contenders? Oman, UAE, Nepal, any other?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Good win for Namibia. Poor from Ireland. Super 12s will be a different level though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:46 pm

Ireland, Netherlands and Zimbabwe should take 3 of those unless ICC puts all of them in the same group to ensure more Asian countries getting through.

To be honest, ICC can't play dirty in including more asian sides, if you start mapping then, associate asian sides are doing much better then associates of other continents. There are 8 asian associate sides between 10 to 30 in ICC T20 Rankings. Asian associates are not only developing their games but also trying to build infrastructure it will be harsh if ICC forcefully stops considering them.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:35 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:46 pm

I would love to see USA & Canada in next edition of T20WC. USA has been in news in spending lot for developing the game.

To be honest, ICC can't play dirty in including more asian sides, if you start mapping then, associate asian sides are doing much better then associates of other continents. Asian associates are not only developing their games but also trying to build infrastructure it will be harsh if ICC forcefully stops considering them.
I mean, this part is clear and complete bollocks considering we've got Namibia and Scotland in the Super 12's and no Asian sides. Nepal didn't even get out of their sub regional qualifier :lol: In the last major Associate event, the 2019 Global Qualifier, the top 5 finishers were all non-Asian.

Oman are very good though, I do like them as a team. But 'developing the game' is a bit of a stretch considering there are hardly any Omani-born players at any level or age and their 'stadium' was only developed properly in the last three months and entirely with ICC/BCCI cash.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Now my problem is not with Asian or non Asian countries, my issue is with teams like USA, Canada, UAE, Oman who play all India-Pakistan expats.. I don't consider them to be teams at all, I like to see home grown players as in Namibia, Netherlands, Scotland, Kenya, PNG, Nepal etc... Otherwise what is the purpose of having a team. I saw Canada back in 2011 WC, I don't think even a single player was home grown.

I like Nepal, at least they have home grown players.

ICC often tries to get a lot of Asian countries as they see more 'market' in these places. For example ICC can make groups to ensure UAE and Oman get through to target a bigger audience in the Middle East.

ICC's interest in USA is also to target the large Asian population that now exists in the country.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:02 am
Now my problem is not with Asian or non Asian countries, my issue is with teams like USA, Canada, UAE, Oman who play all India-Pakistan expats.. I don't consider them to be teams at all, I like to see home grown players as in Namibia, Netherlands, Scotland, Kenya, PNG, Nepal etc... Otherwise what is the purpose of having a team. I saw Canada back in 2011 WC, I don't think even a single player was home grown.

ICC often tries to get a lot of Asian countries as they see more 'market' in these places. For example ICC can make groups to ensure UAE and Oman get through to target a bigger audience in the Middle East.

ICC's interest in USA is also to target the large Asian population that now exists in the country.

That's isn't an issue England team for so many years have played with quite a few South African Aussie born players now they have also hunted players from New Zealand & Barbados. Sikh community can't be considered as indian contingent as they nearly exist in every nation with certain % of population.Hope Asians plays an important role in comming years to bring local players into the game in these nations. Asians has raised the game, creating interest in crowds, which other continents have failed and ICC needs to consider it. Profit is everything for ICC and therefore Asian cricket is quite ahead then other continents and stadiums filled with crowds in associate nation games will certainly attract ICC

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:27 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:02 am

That's isn't an issue England team for so many years have played with quite a few South African Aussie born players now they have also hunted players from New Zealand & Barbados. Sikh community can't be considered as indian contingent as they nearly exist in every nation with certain % of population.Hope Asians plays an important role in comming years to bring local players into the game in these nations. Asians has raised the game, creating interest in crowds, which other continents have failed and ICC needs to consider it. Profit is everything for ICC and therefore Asian cricket is quite ahead then other continents and stadiums filled with crowds in associate nation games will certainly attract ICC

Most of the English players currently though besides Archer and Morgan learnt their cricket in England. Guys like Stokes, Roy etc learnt their cricket in England. I know previously, this was much more abundant but I dont think it was a good thing. Its better now. Anyway,this current English team is unlike countries like Oman where most of the guys are India or Pakistan u19 players. We dont want to see cricket being confined to just the subcontinent and countries like Namibia, Png etc doing well as opposed to Oman would mean much more growth for the game.