2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by sam_ahm »

By the way, a very good and balanced statement given by Temba Bavuma on the QDK episode.

Looks like they as a group will have some discussions in the coming days and Temba has assured of full support to Quinton.

I must say Temba spoke so so well.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2310242

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

^ Agreed. I’m sure Bavuma has much stronger opinions and emotions on it privately but that is a very good captains press conference. Spoke well and stayed diplomatic as a captain should.

Meanwhile Pakistan look really good! NZ didn’t look bad either. That was a really good quality match this evening.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Bangladesh struggling again.

I was just wondering what went wrong for Bangladesh in this tournament?

Given their recent success against AUS and NZL on slow turning tracks and the fact that they have the spin attack exactly for these kind of pitches i expected Bangladesh to do well and push for a semi final berth.

One thing is that they've missed Tamim, but other than that I don't know where it all went so terribly wrong for them.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:11 am

Given their recent success against AUS and NZL on slow turning tracks and the fact that they have the spin attack exactly for these kind of pitches i expected Bangladesh to do well and push for a semi final berth.

One thing is that they've missed Tamim, but other than that I don't know where it all went so terribly wrong for them.
Not really their bowling which is bad but their batting. And dont think any of their batters performed

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Langton Rusere out in the middle for this game. Nice to see some Zimbabwean representation in this tournament after all!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

the streak of sides batting first losing continues :(

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:11 am

Tamim opted out from Bangladesh T20WC squad not for injury but for differences with Mahmudullah happened in Zim tour. However his injury in Everest Premiere league was real

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:00 pm

No, trust me, Trumpelmann is the best bowling talent in Namibia. He’ll be playing every game at the World Cup.

^ I posted this back in August in the Zim Emerging thread when everyone was saying it was Namibia reserves and Trumpelmann was a nobody who hadn't even made his debut for the full senior team yet.

He's just taken three wickets in the first over of the match........

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:10 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

No, trust me, Trumpelmann is the best bowling talent in Namibia. He’ll be playing every game at the World Cup.

^ I posted this back in August in the Zim Emerging thread when everyone was saying it was Namibia reserves and Trumpelmann was a nobody who hadn't even made his debut for the full senior team yet.

Will agree once he gets success against big boys

rusty17

Post by rusty17 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:10 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

I thought of this quote as he took those poles SZ. I've been loving the Twitter fanfare for him as well. It is a magnificent name.