Sri Lanka Tour Of Bangladesh 2022 [ 2 Test ]

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: Sri Lanka Tour Of Bangladesh 2022 [ 2 Test ]

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:36 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:28 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:17 am
Whats your rreview of the game Kriterion
We needed a flat pitch as that was our best shot of getting a win. We got pretty much the perfect wicket but our bowling was consistent enough and Sri Lanka batted well to save the Test.

I wouldn't mind seeing a seaming wicket in Dhaka, although Asitha and Rajitha bowled really well in the 1st game. I hope it's not a raging turner, which is likely because SL will have a clear advantage on a dustbowl.

BTW we're is Jayawickrama? He's twice as good as Emboldeniya...
Embuldeniya is normally better with his line and length but yeah as shown by this match still inconsistent. I think Ramesh needs to be dropped for Jayawickrama. But yeah interesting series so far.
Why is Hasaranga not preferred for tests? I think he can do a good job in red ball cricket as well.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Easy win for Sri Lanka ... Bangladesh will be very disappointed with this. They are a good team at home and would have fancied their chances against SLN.

This is an excellent series win from Sri Lanka's perspective.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:40 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:36 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:28 pm

We needed a flat pitch as that was our best shot of getting a win. We got pretty much the perfect wicket but our bowling was consistent enough and Sri Lanka batted well to save the Test.

I wouldn't mind seeing a seaming wicket in Dhaka, although Asitha and Rajitha bowled really well in the 1st game. I hope it's not a raging turner, which is likely because SL will have a clear advantage on a dustbowl.

BTW we're is Jayawickrama? He's twice as good as Emboldeniya...
Embuldeniya is normally better with his line and length but yeah as shown by this match still inconsistent. I think Ramesh needs to be dropped for Jayawickrama. But yeah interesting series so far.
Why is Hasaranga not preferred for tests? I think he can do a good job in red ball cricket as well.
He`s a leggie. Bowls a pie once every 2 overs at least. Check his stats out in south Africa. Decent batter though.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Well done by SL. Clinical win.

Asitha just the 2nd SL seamer with a 10 fer...that too on a fairly flat track.

Decent bowling from our spinners and Ebadat but nothing to really write home about.

Putrid top order batting all year long and especially in thus series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 pm
Well done by SL. Clinical win.

Asitha just the 2nd SL seamer with a 10 fer...that too on a fairly flat track.

Decent bowling from our spinners and Ebadat but nothing to really write home about.

Putrid top order batting all year long and especially in thus series.
Bd bowling was definitely hampered by injuries but yeah the top order batting was rather dreadful. Lost the series there

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

It's a shame Mossadek Hossain's batting average drop from above 40 to below 30. He'll be a scapegoat for the 24-5 & 23-4 starts. He was batting at 7. So, I also read Domingo's comments & he stated that they were looking for Mossadek to be able to bowl around 15 overs in an innings. I knew he could roll his arm over but isn't that an unreal expectation? I didn't think he was that strong a bowling option.
I mean, when they finally move on from Shakib, they are expecting Mossadek to be the 5th bowler.
I know he's had injury & eye issues, but it does look like he's going to be one of those blokes who just can't get an extended run & won't achieve what he's capable of at the highest level.