2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes, Sri Lanka have all of a sudden looked very impressive so far in this world cup.

Hasaranga, as we've said before is a gem. Maheesh Theekshana, SL's new mystery spinner, is causing some serious damage as well.

Netherlands have been knocked out just 4 days into the tournament, perhaps a good time for Zimbabwe next month to play against them and get some WSL points!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:33 pm
Jeez, where have SL got this raw pace from? And where have they been hiding for the past year?!?!

Really impressive pace bowling, second match in a row. And Hasaranga is great too.
Kumara and Chameera have been around for 4-5 years. Pro tip: watch cricket of top 10 nations and not just Associates. :D Both are express pace, but have been in and out of the side due to inconsistency. Chameera though has a lot of potential - he's probably in his late 20s now and finally putting it all together. Kumara is quite a bit younger, but IMO he's far too one-dimensional to be successful at this stage (based on the last time I saw him 5-6 months ago albeit in Test cricket).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:17 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Jeez, where have SL got this raw pace from? And where have they been hiding for the past year?!?!

Really impressive pace bowling, second match in a row. And Hasaranga is great too.
Kumara and Chameera have been around for 4-5 years. Pro tip: watch cricket of top 10 nations and not just Associates. :D Both are express pace, but have been in and out of the side due to inconsistency. Chameera though has a lot of potential - he's probably in his late 20s now and finally putting it all together. Kumara is quite a bit younger, but IMO he's far too one-dimensional to be successful at this stage (based on the last time I saw him 5-6 months ago albeit in Test cricket).
Lol I've watched a tonne of SL matches this year! I've never seen Kumara in particular bowl with this much pace and accuracy before though. He's a new man. Unplayable in these two matches by the looks of it.

Have SL ever in their history had two pace bowlers this good and fast at the same time? I can't remember if they have. Good Swing and seamers, sure. But two proper pacers is quite exciting and refreshing for them.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:17 am
secretzimbo wrote:

Kumara is 24 lol

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

A huge surprise

Group A in Super 12 now becomes group of death as Sri Lanka & Bangladesh are about to join Aus, Eng, WI, RSA after some turnaround. Scotland and most probably winners between Namibia & Ireland will join Group B along with Ind, Pak, NZ, Afg

Defeat against Scotland might open luck for Bangladesh in that Group A, can hurt non asians teams in that Group with their spin power.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:35 am

Lol I've watched a tonne of SL matches this year! I've never seen Kumara in particular bowl with this much pace and accuracy before though. He's a new man. Unplayable in these two matches by the looks of it.

Have SL ever in their history had two pace bowlers this good and fast at the same time? I can't remember if they have. Good Swing and seamers, sure. But two proper pacers is quite exciting and refreshing for them.
Both of these comments indicate you haven't been watching as much cricket as you might lead us to believe. At least I admit when I'm not watching the games...

Point #1, Kumara is an EXPRESS quick which means that he bowls 145+ in every game he plays, and frequently touches 150. If you haven't seen him bowl this pace, you haven't been watching him. Chameera has also always been fast. Neither of these guys just suddenly started to bowl quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i7VpQR6O0k (Kumara from two years ago)

Point #2. Has SL had bowlers of this pace before? Yes they have. Lasith Malinga at 140-145 and Dilhara Fernando who was 145 plus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Rajkumar Sharma

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:25 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Both of these comments indicate you haven't been watching as much cricket as you might lead us to believe. At least I admit when I'm not watching the games...

Point #1, Kumara is an EXPRESS quick which means that he bowls 145+ in every game he plays, and frequently touches 150. If you haven't seen him bowl this pace, you haven't been watching him. Chameera has also always been fast. Neither of these guys just suddenly started to bowl quickly.

Point #2. Has SL had bowlers of this pace before? Yes they have. Lasith Malinga at 140-145 and Dilhara Fernando who was 145 plus.
Sri Lanka also had Shehan Madushanka and
Dhammika Prasad bowling at 145 + but they quickly faded away after showing some impressive performances.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:25 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Not sure if you possess the ability to read properly but okay. Kumara has been very inconsistent whenever I've watched him. You probably could have found a better YouTube clip though - using an example of him bowling a full 10kph slower than he was yesterday probably isn't the best way to illustrate your point. But I take your point :lol:

If you read my post correctly you will see I was talking about pace and accuracy. In your own post further up this page you actually agree with me and say how inconsistent he's been and in and out of the team. I think you agree with me so I'm not sure who you are even arguing with. Maybe read better?

Forgot about Dilhara actually. Can't really remember how quick he was but I appreciate the informative reply for once.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:48 pm
A huge surprise
Maybe for you and Kriterion. But not for me;
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:56 pm

My predictions would be;

Group B
1 Scotland
2 Bangladesh
3 Oman
4 PNG
Called it. :D

Rajkumar Sharma

Dilhara was close to 150 kph, and was known mainly for his accuracy with bouncers smell the leather deliveries, seriously injured inform Ramnaresh Sarwan in that 2003 WC group stage match which Sri Lanka won by lowest margin