IPL

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

IPL

Post by eugene »

Should the IPL go ahead this year? India is increasingly under threat from terrorism. What are your thoughts?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: IPL

Post by jamthala »

IPL will go one,terrorist have no gutts to face with our brave soldiers and policeman,don;t woory our government providig full security :arrow:
Last edited by maehara on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin edit: post all in caps = shouting, don't do it.
God Always Favors Brave Always

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

jamthala wrote:IPL will go one,terrorist have no gutts to face with our brave soldiers and policeman,don;t woory our government providig full security :arrow:
Terriots have no guts?

errr 9/11 and 7/7???????

since when did having secruity ever stop terroists.

But i dont think the IPL will be moved as Modi would not be able to stand the shame of having the Indian Premier League outside india for the second year in the row. And you cant let the terriots win

jamthala

Post by jamthala »

Indian government now providing full support to IPL.

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flower power »

jamthala wrote:Indian government now providing full support to IPL.
Governments have to show their commitment , as sport has become too valnurable as seen on the attcks on the Sri Lankan team and recently against the Togolese soccer team in Angola .

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Interesting that India has no problem getting countries to tour yet no one will play in Pakistan. India is becoming increasingly under threat from terrorism and as a player I am not sure I would feel much safer in India than in Pakistan.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jamthala

Post by jamthala »

eugene wrote:Interesting that India has no problem getting countries to tour yet no one will play in Pakistan. India is becoming increasingly under threat from terrorism and as a player I am not sure I would feel much safer in India than in Pakistan.
have you visit india in your life.
Foreign media cerating havoic.they do useless reporting about india.

kendricktamis

Post by kendricktamis »

India has no problem with Pakistan's player but India just want to pressure on Pakistan to stop terrorism. India is very good country i went to there last year and saw IPL. People of India also support Pakistani player when they are playing.

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flower power »

jamthala wrote:
eugene wrote:Interesting that India has no problem getting countries to tour yet no one will play in Pakistan. India is becoming increasingly under threat from terrorism and as a player I am not sure I would feel much safer in India than in Pakistan.
have you visit india in your life.
Foreign media cerating havoic.they do useless reporting about india.
I think for all , the media can actually blow events or happenings out of proportion . I have lived in ZIm all mylife and the type of publicity it got in the media was not accurate . They might have been a crisis but the media just inflates it 5 times . I beleive that the media is not sticking to true journalism, they create stories that will sell . If all is well is potrayed in India then their sales for news will go down . Bits of controversy will keep them going . I pity this coz this is for the love of money and it hurts sport .

jamthala

Post by jamthala »

I always trust government news channel no other one.