Murali retiring after Galle!

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Murali retiring after Galle!

Post by sloandog »

jamthala wrote:cremer did't bowl to world class batsman yet?
But when he does do so, I think he'll succeed at test level, without a shadow of a doubt

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by jamthala »

Cremor is a good bowler,as i see when some year ago he tour to india with zim A.but we will find how he perform against good batsman.
God Always Favors Brave Always

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Plus Cremer's bowling action is a bit more within the rules.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:Plus Cremer's bowling action is a bit more within the rules.

Agreed. A player at my club has modeled his action on Graeme Cremers, and it looks fantastic. He getting the ball to rip more now aswell :D

bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by bayhaus »

Muttiah Muralitharan walks out to a grand welcome. There are fireworks all around and the Indians form a guard of honour for him. Great scenes.

Tribute to Murali
Virender Sehwag - [/quote] http://es.pn/b86uU8
I usually find it easy to score over a period, but with Murali it did not matter if I was on 0, 10 or 100 - he was always a challenge.
I loved this one
but he once told me he did not bowl slower deliveries to me because he believed I would hit him out of the ground. He bowled quick so as to not allow me much time to hit or pick the doosras from the offbreaks.
Mahela Jayawardene - http://es.pn/aTCqhP
He is one of the hardest workers I have seen, not only in the nets but in terms of extra bowling sessions. He calls coaches up at odd hours and wants them to come out and help with bowling.
Peter Roebuck -
And he was not mean enough to request that everyone else expose themselves to the same enterprise. Far too little has been made of this undertaking. At the very least it needs to be taken into account.
Am waiting for a tribute from a CURRENTLY playing Aus...
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He'll certainly be missed....
Is he still going to carry on playing ODI cricket for Sri Lanka ??

bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by bayhaus »

Andy Zaltsman Tribute - http://bit.ly/9migQV
Always enjoy Any Zaltsman, puts up stats in a very interesting and humurous way.
One of the lesser-trumpeted stats emerging from his 18 years of Test cricket, but one worth a quick brassy toot nonetheless, is that he stands fifth on the all-time list of Sri Lankan Test match six-hitters, with 29, behind Jayasuriya, Aravinda de Silva, Jayawardene and Ranatunga, and some considerable way ahead of the likes of 83-Test interest void Hashan Tillakaratne, and 1980s teenage one-Test-wonder Sanjeewa Weerasinghe, who has hit the same number of Test sixes as I have.
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog