Inaugural ICC ODI World Cup Super League | Tournament Thread

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Inaugural ICC ODI World Cup Super League | Tournament Thread

Post by jaybro »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 am
^ Not sure on that. Most of their top players, centrally contracted or even IPL contracted, play relatively little domestic cricket it seems. Once their players 'make it' they seem to almost abandon their provincial teams completely.
Also I don't know about the quality, they have surely way too many teams and thats why in the Ranji Trophy you get mammoth innings totals and guys scoring double and triple hundreds relatively regularly. Big disparity between the strongest 8 or 9 teams and everyone else.
I referring to their domestic players, they play loads of domestic cricket and also get to play in the IPL. What other country has the luxury of their up and coming players getting tested against the best?

Obviously the big guns don’t play much domestic cricket, but the pathway they take to the top is easily the best in the world. That’s my point
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Possibly. I don't know enough probably. The English pathway is fantastic though, surely hard to beat. And Australia pretty good.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

AFG vs PAK ODI series has been converted to T20Is citing a "lack of interest"...that doesn't bode well for ODIs in an ODI year!

I would have thought any format between Asian teams would attract big money sponsors. Perhaps the AFG team still aren't rated by sponsors outside of the T20 format...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)