Inaugural ICC ODI World Cup Super League | Tournament Thread

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: Inaugural ICC ODI World Cup Super League | Tournament Thread

Post by Kriterion_BD »

They will probably do % points like the WTC. It doesn't really matter though, because there is no Super League after this so no chance of being relegated for finishing last place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Going by the way Pakistan are getting thrashed by an Australia C team, and remember they lost to an England C team last year, I think we have an interesting situation here.

Sri Lanka, Pakistan, West Indies, South Africa - at the moment these are the 4 'top' nations, who find themselves at serious risk of playing the Qualifier.

What this means is that Zimbabwe, Ireland, Afghanistan, may be even Netherlands, if they can find some lucky wins there is every chance one they can find themselves directly qualifying for the World Cup.

Afghanistan, I'm very sure, will end up qualifying directly.

Ireland may have played 18 games but they've got some points in the bag, 3 wins of their next 6, somehow punching above their weight, will give them an outside chance.

Zimbabwe, still looks difficult, but not completely out of reach, they have 12 games remaining, 6 of which are against Afghans and Netherlands, and India / Aus will field weak squads... So who knows folks. Its quite wide open as of now.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Incredible win for Pakistan the other day. I must say I spoke too early regarding them. Excellent innings by Imam and Babar, 1-1 with all to play for in the decider.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Afghanistan are qualifying directly for sure. So what are we looking at, which 5 teams will go to the qualifiers.

Zimbabwe almost certainly, pains me to say this but it is what it is. Netherlands almost certainly.

I think Ireland will also miss out. South Africa are in real danger, Sri Lanka are in real danger too.

If Pakistan manage to whitewash the windies then they are safe and windies also get into risky zone.

I'm thinking we are looking at

Netherlands
Zimbabwe
Ireland
Sri Lanka
West Indies / South Africa.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

We really needed the Netherlands to pick up 10 or 20 points from the Windies to help our chances of qualification.

We are finished now. We probably need 6 more wins, or 5 wins with other results in our favour. Not going to happen. :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Afghanistan qualifying directly means terrible news for WI, SLN and RSA, I think Pakistan are looking more and more safe now.

It also means better news for Zim, Ire and Netherlands, because all these three teams somehow couldn't get one over tha Afghans but all three would feel that on a given day they can put one over SLN or WI, like we saw Ireland winning the ODI series against WI and Zimbabwe pulling off that 2nd ODI against SLN.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

NZL clashing against Ireland today in what is a very important series for the Irish. They are still very much in contention for a direct WC but a whitewash here will almost certainly knock them out as well. Should they win the series though then we are looking at a crazy WCQ.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:44 am
NZL clashing against Ireland today in what is a very important series for the Irish. They are still very much in contention for a direct WC but a whitewash here will almost certainly knock them out as well. Should they win the series though then we are looking at a crazy WCQ.
Ireland look far better than Zim. This dude Tector is properly good. Put in Stirling and Balbirnie and woah they are tough to beat at home at least.

Also please just call SlN and NZL SL and NZ respectively lmao. The L is redundant in both

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:24 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Ireland look far better than Zim. This dude Tector is properly good. Put in Stirling and Balbirnie and woah they are tough to beat at home at least.

Also please just call SlN and NZL SL and NZ respectively lmao. The L is redundant in both

😁 I have this tendency to use 3 letters for every team.

Yes, Ireland are good, unbelievable heartbreak for them today. Bracewell played one if the best ODI innings of all time. That was a win out of nowhere. Unbelievable runchase.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:35 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:24 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

😁 I have this tendency to use 3 letters for every team.

Yes, Ireland are good, unbelievable heartbreak for them today. Bracewell played one if the best ODI innings of all time. That was a win out of nowhere. Unbelievable runchase.
Sad. SHoudlve won that