Inaugural ICC ODI World Cup Super League | Tournament Thread

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: Inaugural ICC ODI World Cup Super League | Tournament Thread

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:54 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:35 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:24 pm

Ireland look far better than Zim. This dude Tector is properly good. Put in Stirling and Balbirnie and woah they are tough to beat at home at least.

Also please just call SlN and NZL SL and NZ respectively lmao. The L is redundant in both

😁 I have this tendency to use 3 letters for every team.

Yes, Ireland are good, unbelievable heartbreak for them today. Bracewell played one if the best ODI innings of all time. That was a win out of nowhere. Unbelievable runchase.
Sad. SHoudlve won that

Yes sad for the Irish but them winning creates a panic situation for many teams mate, SL, WI, RSA, all get into trouble... And we can end up having more than two top 9 teams playing the qualifier. Already with Afghanistan's easy schedule things have become tough. So I would rather have them lose.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:23 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:54 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:35 pm

😁 I have this tendency to use 3 letters for every team.

Yes, Ireland are good, unbelievable heartbreak for them today. Bracewell played one if the best ODI innings of all time. That was a win out of nowhere. Unbelievable runchase.
Sad. SHoudlve won that

Yes sad for the Irish but them winning creates a panic situation for many teams mate, SL, WI, RSA, all get into trouble... And we can end up having more than two top 9 teams playing the qualifier. Already with Afghanistan's easy schedule things have become tough. So I would rather have them lose.
Would be very fun to watch though lol

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

5 super league series' in the next one month should give us a bit of clarity in what we can expect. Important 4 weeks coming up for the super league.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Jersey have qualified for the next stage of 2023 WCQ, Uganda just miss out on lower NRR.

Hong Kong and Kenya have avoided the risk of relegation by finishing 3rd and 4th respectively. The bottom two teams, Italy and Bermuda will have to avoid relegation.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:50 pm
Jersey have qualified for the next stage of 2023 WCQ, Uganda just miss out on lower NRR.

Hong Kong and Kenya have avoided the risk of relegation by finishing 3rd and 4th respectively. The bottom two teams, Italy and Bermuda will have to avoid relegation.
Relegation to what? If the Super League is defunct, does t that also render the League 2 and Challenge leagues irrelevant slash moot?

I guess the ICC will keep those leagues and just rejigg the pathway to qualify for the WCQ.

So my guess is the 12 full members will have regular fixtures, and the next 8 (ie the new League 2) plus the 12 Challenge League sides make up the top 32.

I guess there will be 10 automatic qualifications to the WC with 4 play in berths.

ICC should have a big 16 or 20 team WCQ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:39 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:50 pm

Relegation to what? If the Super League is defunct, does t that also render the League 2 and Challenge leagues irrelevant slash moot?

I guess the ICC will keep those leagues and just rejigg the pathway to qualify for the WCQ.

So my guess is the 12 full members will have regular fixtures, and the next 8 (ie the new League 2) plus the 12 Challenge League sides make up the top 32.

I guess there will be 10 automatic qualifications to the WC with 4 play in berths.

ICC should have a big 16 or 20 team WCQ.
I think they will still have league 2, Challenge leagues and division leagues. They are only scrapping WSL and instead using ranking to determine the teams that can directly qualify. Yes, perhaps they will give 10 direct entries and 4 will come through the qualifiers.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Netherlands nearly chased down 315 versus against a mostly full strength Pakistan today. Looks like they were watching the Zimbabwe vs BD series. :D

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Brilliant game between the Dutch and Pakistan today. Have to say Netherlands threw away a winning game at the end.

Naseem Shah has been brilliant for Pakistan. I think Shaheen and Naseem can form a lethal bowling pair for Pak.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

NED were so close to a 2-1 series win. Gutted.

On the other hand Windies might beat a full strength NZ. What's up with NZ this year? They've been pretty poor all year.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Ramiz Raja says "if India don't come to Pakistan for Asia cup then Pakistan won't go to India for the WC" 😂. As stupid as it may sound, we never know, strange things have happened in this world and this could potentially open up an additional spot in the WCQs.