High Enertgy Commentary from Pommie Mbangwa

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

High Enertgy Commentary from Pommie Mbangwa

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Pommie Mbangwa stole the show yesterday with scintillating high energy commentary in IPL, while he was on air during the devastating batting effort of Adam Gilchrist, who scored a 42-ball hundred. While everyone was lamenting about the standards of commentary in IPL, Mbangwa gave a brilliant and memorable performance that would remain etched in the memories of cricket fans who would have watched the match, for a long time. That remainded me of a similar breathtaking commentary by Mike Haysman during the record run chase ODI match between Australia and South Africa a few years back.

Way to go Pommie... :D

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: High Enertgy Commentary from Pommie Mbangwa

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I know I'm a bit late replying to this, but Pommie is a class act. Can you imagine Richie Benaud, Michael Slater and Pommie Mbangwa on the same team? Wouldn't that be fantastic! Richie's allround brilliance, Slater's great attitude (he's a very funny commentator) and Pommie's enthusiasm!

I remember during the Twenty20 against Australia when he was interviewing Gilchrist, that was a great interview. When Hodge (?) cleared the rope, Pommie went into commentary mode, all the while maintaining the flow of the interview.

Pommie is destined for greatness. Fantastic voice for television/radio as well.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:I remember during the Twenty20 against Australia when he was interviewing Gilchrist, that was a great interview. When Hodge (?) cleared the rope, Pommie went into commentary mode, all the while maintaining the flow of the interview
Yes, I remember that interview. It was exceptionally well handled by Pommie.

In this IPL, he is generally being paired with Tony Cozier for commentary, and the pair well and truly rocks! Cozier is one, who is in the league of Richie Benaud for sure...

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I'm not a huge fan of Cozier. He seems to come across as a bit arrogant at times (I had this feeling from the World Cup).