India in Australia Test series 2020-21

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: India in Australia Test series 2020-21

Post by jaybro »

Gill was playing some incredible shots, he looks a star of the future and probably now, Aussies needed him out desperately, unlucky for the young guy to get out on 91

Pujara is a gem, he's been hit on the body over ten times including two bad knocks to the head and one on the knuckle, still unmoved at this stage 30* off 141
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Rahane out for a better than a run-a-ball 24, they send in Pant next ....

161 off 43 overs 3.7 RR .....

India going for the win I reckon

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

India’s B team wins one of the greatest tests & series I’ve witnessed

Not bad for the ‘2nd best’ test nation

grant

Post by grant »

Wow, that was honestly one of the best games of cricket I witnessed in a long time! Never expected them to chase a target this big. I felt dropping Pant for the first test was ridiculous, and he's proved me right.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

grant wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:26 am
Wow, that was honestly one of the best games of cricket I witnessed in a long time! Never expected them to chase a target this big. I felt dropping Pant for the first test was ridiculous, and he's proved me right.
I reckon Paine dropping him in both the 4th innings of the 3rd & 4th tests was more ridiculous and more costly

Australia consistently missed their chances throughout and India were more than good enough to punish them.

Another inquest required for Cricket Australia

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Great victory for us, loved every bit of it! 🥳🥳

Tremendous resilience and charecter shown by this young team! It has to be said though that all the A team exposure, IPL exposure has helped the youngsters immensely.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Wonderful victory, nothing better than seeing Australia beaten at home. Can India now lay claim to having the best and deepest roster of quick bowlers? How many other test nations could lose so many bowlers and still compete?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Sensational stuff. All throughout I watched large parts of this series which is not something I usually do unless Bangladesh or Zimbabwe play (both teams play so few Tests its not much of a time committment). But I've managed to catch the majority of this series. I wonder what would have happened if India had a full strength side. I reckon the Aussies were a bit complacent after Adelaide. Either that or India's A team is actually better than their national team :o considering India lost with Kohli, Shami, Umesh, and Bumrah in the side but won without them.

But Australia's batting was hella poor this entire series barring one or two decent knocks from Smith and Labuschange, and one from Green. You can't be giving wickets to guys like Shardul and Natarajan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I agree, Australia had a very weak batting line up, heavily reliant on Smith and Labuschagne. Considering the likes of Head, Wade, Burns, Harris, Green got a look in, it is quite hard on Khawaja, he would have probably done much better. Even Finch or Maxwell as test players might have done better.

We had total 11 test wickets amongst all 4 bowlers going into the last test, whole the Aussies had 1000+, still we won. A line up of Ponting, Clarke, Hayden, Gilchrist, Martyn would have scored 600/7 dec against this attack.

I don't mind it though, great win for us, something we fans will remember for a long long time.