England in India Test Series | 2021

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: England in India Test Series | 2021

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:05 am
Even the pitches in Australia and England are very India friendly when the Indians tour. 2 matches will be played on turning wickets per series.
It’s all about that cash money
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:45 am

It’s all about that cash money
Cha Ching!

Interesting that the Big 3 seem to want to end the bidding process for ICC World Cups. Does this mean they expect to host it everytime?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:05 am
Even the pitches in Australia and England are very India friendly when the Indians tour. 2 matches will be played on turning wickets per series.
There is a lot of money involved in India tours, I think no country wants to upset the BCCI by going out of the way to prepare tough tracks. South Africa tried that in 2016/17 season I guess after what we dished out to them in 2015 tour, and it didn't quite go down well with the BCCI.

However our players have often adapted well even on green tops or hard bouncy wickets in recent times. So credit where it is due.

But yes, I don't like India preparing such extreme wickets, there is always fun to watch a fair contest on normal Indian wickets, and quite honestly we are good enough to win that way at home, so we seriously we don't need such tracks.

I'm a big fan of Hashim Amla, I remember his knocks in 2009/10 tour I guess, that double hundred at Nagpur i think it was, and he followed it up with a couple of more centuries I guess... Such a brilliantly hard fought series it was that ended 1-1. Dale Steyn got into the act and picked up many wickets.

Andy flower at the start if the Millinieum, I vaguely remember he got a brilliant double hundred against us, sweeping and reverse sweeping almost every ball.. Such contests are fun to watch... Not this crap 20 wickets in a day stuff.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

India, with help from England and Australia are pretty much destroying international cricket. I really think they want to be the only countries that play cricket. It is the only thing that explains their actions.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

England failing to do well even on a pretty decent flat track. They cannot play spin to save their lives.

Sibley, Crawley, Lawrence, Pope, all 4 have looked clueless and very poor against spin.

The difference between big 3 and the rest of the world is not as big as it appears to be, esp in terms of batting. If you compare player by player, India, Australia and England DO NOT have the kind of players who are miles ahead than players in the teams outside of Big 3, Except Virat, Root and Smith.

I have a feeling that in the coming days the big 3 might start to struggle in Tests.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Covid cases in India have shot up like crazy again, absolute disaster!

It is beyond me why they are allowing crowds in the stadium. I know people don't give a damn now, but still.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

2-2 in the T20 series with the final game tomorrow, has been an interesting series this.

Covid situation in India has gone from bad to worse, definately didn't expect this, there is a massive surge in cases esp in the state of Maharastra (Mumbai), I honestly don't know how they are planning to hold the IPL amidst this surge.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

India have won the series 3-2, obviously a happy result as an Indian, but as a cricket fan I want more teams to be able to challenge the Big 3.

At the moment, looking at India's strength, you've got to wonder if there is any chance they could be beaten in the T20 WC. The only way India are not winning the T20WC is if someone beats us in a fluke during the knockouts.

Else there is no stopping team India. Each and every player is oozing with confidence, this is a team that is intimidating now even for the other big guns.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

We ended up winning all 3 series, and the feeling amongst my family and friends in India was that it is a big achievement considering England are WC champions.

I know it is a good achievement, but I also have my doubts over how exactly teams are prioritozing the bilaterals?

ENG were without some key players in tests and again in ODIs they were missing Root, Woakes, Jofra and Morgan (for the last 2 ODIs), India haven't won an ICC Event since 2013, which could also mean most teams are showing their real hand in the big events, esp when it comes to LOI cricket.

No less an achievement, but I will be happy to see us winning more ICC events, if we are really this good.