Sri Lanka in Bangladesh 2021 | World Cup Super League

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
slcricfan1

Re: Sri Lanka in Bangladesh 2021 | World Cup Super League

Post by slcricfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:00 am
Kumara is injured at the moment, otherwise he would be there leading this attack. He has pace, bounce and he is a really strong boy.
Sri lanka have a crop of fast bowlers all of a sudden who might morph into something useful going forward, but it's very early days yet.
yeah we have like decent enough bowlers, no one with any real x factor though. Hasaranga and Kumara are alright as is Chameera but no one is particularly starc, bumrah, rabada esque. Even then its smth to work with. On the other hand our batting is completely screwed and there seems to be no solution. Its pretty annoying because everyone has the talent, you have like kusal perera knocking around south africa, dhananjaya hitting a century in india, mendis hitting centuries against aus and in the west indies but no one can do it consistenly for some strange reason.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Well the domestic structure isn't good enough, it's that simple. I've seen some FC cricket in Sri Lanka, around 2019 I think it was, and I was really unimpressed with what I was seeing. There was a lot of spin, hardly any seam and the wickets which fell were very soft.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

This is a far cry from what they jsed to be. Even Chaminda Vaas was an incredible test bowler. We seem to forget this man as we remember Sanath, Mahela, Sanga, Dilshan, Aravinda, even Tharanga. Vaas was a special bowler and could be lethal in ODI cricket.

As I say, I don't think the bowling is much of an issue. They have a crop of young, tall fast bowlers who are starting to emerge, they just need to get into a groove. Lakmal has morphed into a very good test bowler and he is worth his weight in gold right now, but he can't go on forever. There was another fast bowler, can't for the life of me remember what his name was, but he was sharp!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:57 pm
Well the domestic structure isn't good enough, it's that simple. I've seen some FC cricket in Sri Lanka, around 2019 I think it was, and I was really unimpressed with what I was seeing. There was a lot of spin, hardly any seam and the wickets which fell were very soft.
Yeah its pretty pathetic. Everyone wants to change it but the presidents keep all the clubs because they need the votes.
sloandog wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:00 pm
This is a far cry from what they jsed to be. Even Chaminda Vaas was an incredible test bowler. We seem to forget this man as we remember Sanath, Mahela, Sanga, Dilshan, Aravinda, even Tharanga. Vaas was a special bowler and could be lethal in ODI cricket.

As I say, I don't think the bowling is much of an issue. They have a crop of young, tall fast bowlers who are starting to emerge, they just need to get into a groove. Lakmal has morphed into a very good test bowler and he is worth his weight in gold right now, but he can't go on forever. There was another fast bowler, can't for the life of me remember what his name was, but he was sharp!
Vishwa Fernando? Left armer

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

No a right arm seamer. I like Fernando, bowled brilliant in South Africa against Dean Elgar in 2019.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

SL seamers are really quite average with the excception of Lakmal. Especially in white ball cricket. Chameera is the one with some potential. Kumara is express but only gets wickets on occaision in red ball games and I suspect would get butcheres in white ball. prpobably still worth a run tho just because of his pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)