2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by sam_ahm »

Massive win for Namibia over the Dutch as they stay alive in the competition.

Great moment for Namibian cricket.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Can’t believe people were doing down Namibia before the tournament. Serious team with serious backing. They are a team that are going places. Even if it doesn’t work out for them in this tournament, they will be a force in years to come.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

classic sri lanka shitshow about to happen

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:27 pm
I rate Tamim as the best Bangladesh batsman, I rate him ahead of Shakib. This is a very very strange decision by Tamim to not play this world cup, and Bangladesh are missing him like hell.

Any specific reason for him backing out @kriterion?
Id rather have BD transition like this rather than everyone retiring at the same time. They gotta get used to no Tamim quickly with all these associate nations coming up so quickly

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:59 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
I rate Tamim as the best Bangladesh batsman, I rate him ahead of Shakib. This is a very very strange decision by Tamim to not play this world cup, and Bangladesh are missing him like hell.

Id rather have BD transition like this rather than everyone retiring at the same time. They gotta get used to no Tamim quickly with all these associate nations coming up so quickly
That's a very important point you raised mate. Bangladesh have been reliant on senior players - Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah for a very long time now, there are some youngsters coming through but none in the league of these 4. So yeah, it is high time Bangla boys find some suitable replacements.

Liton and Soumya never kicked on which is a shame given the talent those two have.

They are the U19 WC winners though so I assume there is some talent down the line.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:17 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:59 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

That's a very important point you raised mate. Bangladesh have been reliant on senior players - Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah for a very long time now, there are some youngsters coming through but none in the league of these 4. So yeah, it is high time Bangla boys find some suitable replacements.

Liton and Soumya never kicked on which is a shame given the talent those two have.

They are the U19 WC winners though so I assume there is some talent down the line.
Yeah no doubt. Really dont understand how guys like Soumya and Liton havent kicked on. No doubt they are incredibly talented but should really be putting together some more solid performances. But yeah they were the last u19 wc winners. Weirdly though, the new u19s have been getting crushed by Sl u19 thouugh it is an away series

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Jeez, where have SL got this raw pace from? And where have they been hiding for the past year?!?!

Really impressive pace bowling, second match in a row. And Hasaranga is great too.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

yeah jeez lol we look op all of a sudden

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Tamim had just returned from injury and felt coming into the team would be unfair on the young guys. Praiseworthy move but he's probably thinking he should have played. Apparently he got injured in the EPL. Hope he's OK because we have something like 10-12 Tests in the next 12 months or so.

There is young talent, but the BCB has no real clue how to manage talent. They got lucky with Tamim, Shakib, and Mushy. That kind of luck won't happen every generation.

Shanto, Mosaddek, and Nurul are players that need to be persisted with. But of course Mithun, Liton, and Spumya will get 5 years of failures with the odd good knock and have guaranteed spots in the XI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

yeah mossadek should really have become a test regular by now