2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by sam_ahm »

Netherlands blown away by Ireland today!! CAMPHER taking 4 wickets in 4 balls, can you believe it!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Namibia struggling a little bit.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Sri Lanka are a class above Namibia. It will take some time for Namibia to challenge a former world champion team.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:23 pm
In the first round average scores could well be lower but thats because Oman, PNG, Namibia could all be expected to be bundled out for under 100 runs in any given game.
Namibia first team to get out for double digit total. SL are a pretty weak bowling side too. Namibia absolutely clobbered today.

Ireland thrashing Netherlands almost equally hard. So much for them being the weakest side in the group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 pm

Namibia first team to get out for double digit total. SL are a pretty weak bowling side too. Namibia absolutely clobbered today.
:o

Going to bet a lot of money here that you didn't watch the match today. Two guys bowling at 150's, a third bowling 140-145's and a spinner who was turning it square. It was a phenomenal bowling performance.

Pro Tip: Watch cricket.

Namibia getting 'clobbered' by SL isn't a surprise really. As expected, SL will win that group very easily (unlike Bangladesh elsewhere). Think the world has all been a bit too dismissive of SL recently.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:34 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:

:o

Going to bet a lot of money here that you didn't watch the match today. Two guys bowling at 150's, a third bowling 140-145's and a spinner who was turning it square. It was a phenomenal bowling performance.

Pro Tip: Watch cricket.

Namibia getting 'clobbered' by SL isn't a surprise really. As expected, SL will win that group very easily (unlike Bangladesh elsewhere). Think the world has all been a bit too dismissive of SL recently.
Just on pace Bangladesh bowled quick as well vs Scotland. Taskin clocked 148 and Fizz was high 130s, and up to 141 as well. Pace alone means nothing.

You're right I didn't watch the game. Don't need to. If you understand the fundamentals of the game, you can make reasonably sound assessments on what you see on paper. Will they always be right? Of course not. For example, It doesn't take rocket science to say that a player who gets beaten 4 or 5 balls in an over, every single over he faces till he gets out vs sides ranked 11th and 12th has a LONG way to go just be a poor batsman.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:15 pm

Just on pace Bangladesh bowled quick as well vs Scotland. Taskin clocked 148 and Fizz was high 130s, and up to 141 as well. Pace alone means nothing.
Cool. I know. Because I watched every ball of both matches

It was an immense bowling performance by SL today - they were bowling absolute darts consistently. By comparison Bangladesh bowled about 9 overs of absolute vark shite yesterday when they should have been finishing off the tail. SL's bowling looks head and shoulders above Ban's. Sorry.
You're right I didn't watch the game. Don't need to. If you understand the fundamentals of the game, you can make reasonably sound assessments on what you see on paper.
Yet you continue to prove otherwise...... :roll:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:01 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:15 pm

Cool. I know. Because I watched every ball of both matches

It was an immense bowling performance by SL today - they were bowling absolute darts consistently. By comparison Bangladesh bowled about 9 overs of absolute vark shite yesterday when they should have been finishing off the tail. SL's bowling looks head and shoulders above Ban's. Sorry.
You're right I didn't watch the game. Don't need to. If you understand the fundamentals of the game, you can make reasonably sound assessments on what you see on paper.
Yet you continue to prove otherwise...... :roll:
For now we will have to agree to disagree. But I'll tally up a scoreboard of predictions at the end of this WC. I will use universally accepted metrics of performance. It will be like a new take on fantasy sports. The ultimate fan geekfest.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:23 pm
In the first round average scores could well be lower but thats because Oman, PNG, Namibia could all be expected to be bundled out for under 100 runs in any given game.

Ireland thrashing Netherlands almost equally hard. So much for them being the weakest side in the group.
Hasaranga and Chameera? We are not terrible. Mickey and Vaas have really helped the bowling attack and fielding in general. Felt pretty bad for the Namibian fans

Anyway the main issue with both SL and BD isnt really their bowling but their abysmal batting lineups. Bowling seems to be around the same level throughout the cup

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:42 pm

For now we will have to agree to disagree. But I'll tally up a scoreboard of predictions at the end of this WC. I will use universally accepted metrics of performance. It will be like a new take on fantasy sports. The ultimate fan geekfest.
:shock: :?