2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by secretzimbo »

Pakistan the only team not doing interviews in English it seems.

Can't wait until we qualify next year, Jongwe takes 5-8 against England or something and him and Darlington start some Shona bants on the world stage. https://twitter.com/metsbarmby/status/1 ... 4640025603 :D

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:11 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:09 am
Lahiru Kumara in the Super 12 stage so far:

4 matches, 1 wicket, 10.51 econ, 156 average

Chameera:s

4 matches, 3 wickets, 9.6 econ, 48 average

I was saying you can't judge their sub 4 economy rates and single digit averages in the prelim round against teams like Namibia, Ireland, and Netherlands. If they can bowl at under 7 an over in the Super 12s, then we can make a statement about quality. At the moment, they are going at 10 an over. :o
I hear your point, and fair enough. Still think they've bowled pretty well actually, so I'm surprised by those figures. They've still looked pretty decent in this round. Lots to work with though. Early season Australian pitches for the next T20 world cup should be quite appetising to them!
They've been bowling quite quick. I was a bit surprised to see both Lahiru and Chameera along with Shaheen on the list of highest percentage balls bowled above 145. Shaheen typical bowls around 140. A bit surprised not to see Taskin there as he was bowling every third ball above 145 whenever I was watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm thinking we might end up having a tough time even against Afghanistan today. 🙁

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Finally India's first win and a massive one.

Afghanistan looked totally off color today and India took full advantage.

So it all depends now on wheather Afghans can pull off an upset against the Kiwis for India to qualify.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ even if AFG beat NZ you are still relying on a fairly sizeable turnaround in run rate I think.

You really let Afghanistan get too many at the end today. Should have turned the screw. That could realy hurt India still.

You’re going to have to smash Namibia and Scotland. (That’s very possible tbf).

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:03 pm
^ even if AFG beat NZ you are still relying on a fairly sizeable turnaround in run rate I think.

You really let Afghanistan get too many at the end today. Should have turned the screw. That could realy hurt India still.

You’re going to have to smash Namibia and Scotland. (That’s very possible tbf).
Yeah it's all very difficult. In a way if we look at it, it is good for international cricket if more teams are competitive. This has been a rude wake up call for India.

On another note, the manner in which Afghanistan were brushed off indicates all is not well in a Afghanistan camp and it also indicates that Afghans are not such a strong side as people make them out to be.

Zimbabwe should give them hard green tracks if and when they come in December and I'd say Zimbos will be favts. Remember back in late 90s and early 00s Zimbabwe had hard bouncy wickets very similar to South Africa, don't know how they over the years became a subcontinent like venue.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:10 am

Zimbabwe should give them hard green tracks if and when they come in December and I'd say Zimbos will be favts. Remember back in late 90s and early 00s Zimbabwe had hard bouncy wickets very similar to South Africa, don't know how they over the years became a subcontinent like venue.
Yeah people have been hoping for this for the last several years. I've no idea about pitches and how to make them do certain things, but its probably just through years of general neglect, the lack of water we've had/have, and a decline in curation knowledge over many years.

You look at that Afghanistan spin line-up and you think, right, let's produce the greenest paciest pitch in existence. But we'll probably serve up some neglected slow dustbowl again and scratch our heads when Rashid and co bowl us out for 100. :D

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

jesus what are bd doing

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Zimbabwe, Nepal, Hong Kong, USA, or Canada couldn't have done worse than Bangladesh in the Super 12s. I'll probably post my take on Bangladesh's immediate future on another thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ yeah they’ve been pretty dreadful. Disappointing :(

India could end up going through haha. Crazy.

I think this morning will be quite a sad match. Really the end of an era for the West Indies. That team have transformed T20 over the past decade. Probably several retirements after today’s game. Hope they can go out with one final hurrah today. Chris Gayle is probably in my top 5 non-Zim cricketers of my lifetime. Everyone forgets how great he was in all formats back in the day.