2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by sam_ahm »

What a proud effort by South Africa. Got to feel for them though, all three teams end up on 8 points in Group 1 and South Africa miss out despite winning 4 out of 5 games and they only narrowly lost that one game.

So much for people writing them off. South Africa can hold their heads high. They've shown there is enough life left in South African cricket.

Special shout out to Temba Bavuma, I think he has lead this team really well.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

...and India are out

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Pakistan looking really good in all departments.

That series in Harare earlier this year where we won 1 game and were competitive in the other two is looking pretty good for us now.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

So the Semi Final line up is

England v New Zealand
Pakistan v Australia

Four very good teams in there and I would say just about any of those four can win the trophy.

Pakistan have been so impressive indeed, mighty good effort so far by them and also by New Zealand. There was a massive amount of hype created around their game against Afghanistan by the media, commentators, major cricketing websites, I thought Kiwis might feel the pressure but they haven't shown any nerves whatsoever and got the job done cool and easy.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:20 pm
...and India are out
I hope we stay humble after this debacle and our players like Pandya stop making stupid statements like "we can field three teams and still win any competition in the world." 🤦‍♂️

This is the kind arrogance and overconfidence that has cost us the title.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:03 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
...and India are out
I hope we stay humble after this debacle and our players like Pandya stop making stupid statements like "we can field three teams and still win any competition in the world." 🤦‍♂️

Not the stupid comments responsible for India's debacle its the hectic schedule of England tour and IPL costed India the title. Poor management by BCCI, keeping in mind mental fatigue of players in the bubble, being the host of T20 WC. There are 8/9 players in the Playing XI who plays all the three formats and all seemed tired

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:48 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:03 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
...and India are out

Not the stupid comments responsible for India's debacle its the hectic schedule of England tour and IPL costed India the title. Poor management by BCCI, keeping in mind mental fatigue of players in the bubble, being the host of T20 WC. There are 8/9 players in the Playing XI who plays all the three formats and all seemed tired
I'm saying we need to be careful about what we say Raj, i dont care what ex players or commentators say, but active players need to be humble otherwise it shows how much overconfident we are and how much respect we are giving to other teams who are also working very hard. Then if it backfires it just looks ugly. This Pandya guy has been in the news for wrong reasons earlier in a talk show as well.

As for the bubble fatigue, yes it can be a factor but it has been a factor for everyone. Not just cricketers but everyone. I and my family couldn't even attend funerals of our family members who passed away due to COVID as we were confined to our houses just imagine the trauma some of us went through, still a week later I logged in and started working because that is how I earn my living. We are all thorough professions and we need to deal with it.

In this case players could have easily skipped some IPL games to be fresh, like Buttler, Baristow and some of the English players did. BCCI could have simply aborted this season for the well being of players. It also shows where our priorities lie. In May they were literally playing IPL when scores of people were dying around us. I just did not find it right.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Hoping NZ get the business done today as revenge for 2019.

Although an England/Pakistan final will be awesome

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:37 am
Hoping NZ get the business done today as revenge for 2019.

Although an England/Pakistan final will be awesome
Yeah want an NZ or a Pak win. Just hope Aus dont win. They dont deserve at all

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Reckon an England/Pakistan final would have been the most fitting, with the two best teams on paper. But happy for NZ. Always funny when the English lose :lol:

An NZ-Australia final will be such an injustice though. Come on Pakistan.